so I have 300 some calories left...

Options
And I'm really not hungry. Am I screwing myself over not to eat them? I walked for 2 hours with my son tonight (he's only 3 and a half, so it wasn't that brisk).

Replies

• bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    And I'm really not hungry. Am I screwing myself over not to eat them? I walked for 2 hours with my son tonight (he's only 3 and a half, so it wasn't that brisk).
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Heeeeey, me too!!! I'm debating what to do with them. I mean, I'm not hungry. Of course, there is always time left to feel a hunger pang! :laugh:
  • bellmom627
    Options
    true that, true that.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I have 600 calories left after excersing today but I dont know what to eat. I dont want it to be anything fattening though.

Connie

86258.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • wantingwings
    Options
    how do you have so many calories left? Am I doing something wrong?

Here is my day
    1/2 grapefruit
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1/2 apple
    nutrigrain bar
    tuna salad made with miracle whip light, mustard, relish and red onion
    Bran for life whole grain bread 2 slices
    baked cheetos one snack pack
    hummus
    baked pita chips
    asparagus
    corn
    salmon

and I am out of calories for the day.....I get 1200 unless I work out. Today I walked for 70 minutes.....not a good exercise day for me really.

I never have that many calories left over. How do you do it?
  • bellmom627
    Options
    Yeah, I actually saw wrong and have 500 some left. SIGH.

If you are hungry, I would say a PB and J.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

Here is my day
    1/2 grapefruit
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1/2 apple
    nutrigrain bar
    hummus
    baked pita chips
    asparagus
    corn
    salmon

and I am out of calories for the day.....I get 1200 unless I work out. Today I walked for 70 minutes.....not a good exercise day for me really.

I typically have a lot of calories left over by the end of the day because I am given a lot to begin with...the higher your current weight, the more calories you are allowed...plus, when you add in exercise, you earn more calories...I am eating between 1700 and 2000 calories a day depending on how much exercise I get...
    You
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I find that chicken/lean meat with whole wheat pasta does the trick...it's EASY to eat a lot of pasta, and even tastier when you add chicken sausage to it!! I usually work out in the evenings and will have 700 calories to eat between 8-midnight, so I fill it with something calorically dense like that. PBJ works really well too, as do big honkin' sandwiches.
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    but what if you're close to your total fat/carb intake for the day? I find I sometimes am left with around 300 calories but I'm so close to being at my allowed fat/carb so I don't want to eat anything that will push me over. What's more important -- staying below my fat/carb goal or my calorie goal? Ideally you want to reach your goal and not go over for everything. But sometimes I just don't know what to eat that will help me eat all of my calories without pushing me over on other stuff.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Here is my day
    1/2 grapefruit
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1/2 apple
    nutrigrain bar
    hummus
    baked pita chips
    asparagus
    corn
    salmon

For dinner, I had waffles and sugar free syrup. Only 250 calories!!! That is how I had leftovers tonight. I usually don't have any cals left to intake either!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I also have 500 calories left and I am not hungry at all. Too bad you can't save them for a rainy day!
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    I also work out in the evenings, and I ALWAYS have like 300 or more calories left over by the end of the night...but I never eat them. I'm never hungry, plus, I think its worse to eat at 9-10 at night than just not eat those calories. I will just drink a V-8 juice or something...it has some calorie value, but nothing heavy right before bed. Besides, I'm pretty sure thats what got me fat in the first place...eating when I was not really truly hungry, and late at night before bed. Of course I am no expert...I could be wrong, it just seems logical to me.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    but what if you're close to your total fat/carb intake for the day? I find I sometimes am left with around 300 calories but I'm so close to being at my allowed fat/carb so I don't want to eat anything that will push me over. What's more important -- staying below my fat/carb goal or my calorie goal? Ideally you want to reach your goal and not go over for everything. But sometimes I just don't know what to eat that will help me eat all of my calories without pushing me over on other stuff.

If you're high on fat/carb, and low on calories, it just means you haven't eaten enough protein. The recommendation for protein on this site is quite low, especially for someone who's physically active, so it's important to meet that goal. Just stick with lean protein sources - chicken breast, fish, pork loin, lean cuts of beef. Those are all low in fat and have zero carbohydrates.
  • sclosson
    sclosson Posts: 120
    Options
    I'm with you! I'd rather not eat late at night and get back into bad habits. If I have calories left, I may have some wheat thins and string cheese.
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    So here's my problem, I have 258 calories remaining, however ALL of my nutritional goals are over already (Today's not such a good example because I ate a whole bag of popcorn which really put the carbs/fat over...) But, anyway, I don't understand how I can still be allowed calories while all of the other values are negative...

Total: 1,251 324 110 77
    Your Daily Goal: 1,509 207 49 56
    Remaining: 258 -117 -61 -21
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, not sure what happened with this double post, sorry
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options

If you're high on fat/carb, and low on calories, it just means you haven't eaten enough protein. The recommendation for protein on this site is quite low, especially for someone who's physically active, so it's important to meet that goal. Just stick with lean protein sources - chicken breast, fish, pork loin, lean cuts of beef. Those are all low in fat and have zero carbohydrates.

Thanks for the suggestion, sbs :) I'll have some extra lean meat on hand in those events to make sure I'm getting enough :)

:heart:
  • bellmom627
    Options
    I think that people who have few calories left at the end of the day are not doing anything WRONG, they are doing something RIGHT - spreading things out well throughout the day!!! I am working on that, it's hard for me because I tend to not eat a lot until dinner time and then I blow it at night and it's not good for my metabolism. Eating lots of little meals is BEST. We all knows this, but we were raised with three meals a day and if anyone else is like me, I always had a snack right before bed - ice cream, PB and J, something pretty hearty before going to sleep. Those habits are BAD and really based on when we were an agricultural culture who worked from sun up to sun down and really burned those calories- now, most of us are relatively sedate all day.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Suggestion -- I input my exercise for the day in the morning regardless of when I will be exercising, this allows me to portion my calories through the day -- AND make me HAVE to do what I say I am going to do.. :wink:

I usually have 200 or so left over -- popcorn does the trick!! Also, pretzles, yogurt, skim milk, apple with a tbsp of peanut butter (my fav). I think it's because I get nervous if I eat too much at one sitting.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options

Here is my day
    1/2 grapefruit
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1/2 apple
    nutrigrain bar
    hummus
    baked pita chips
    asparagus
    corn
    salmon

I think you could be eating too little -- you're trying to lose 10 lbs but your body is probably not budging. We started a TLT 10 group and we were all stuck and realized we needed to eat more and try to only lose 0.5lbs a week. I would recommend it -- I've started losing weight again. Also - bread slices, pita chips, corn etc... all high calorie carbs so.. that could be why?? I dunno.