Any 30 Day Shred before and afters or success stories?

Options
2»

Replies

• A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I had great success with it (it took me about 6 weeks to completely due to personal issues). I lost 11.6 lbs and almost 10 inches all over.
  • thirteenblessings
    Options
    Well I like a PP mentioned would do the DVD for a week and get so sick of Jillian that I would give up. I started it again on Monday and instead of listening to her preach, I put my iPod on and listen to music I want to listen to. I really love it so far, it's an excellent workout, however I don't just do that, I always do some other type of exercise earlier in the day, such as elliptical or running on the treadmill or outside. I like to do the Shred about an hour after dinner because it keeps me from snacking at night :)

I will update in about three weeks on my results. :)
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I did the Shred every day for the 30 days and I lost 11 pounds. I didn't measure myself before, unfortunately, so I don't know about inches lost. I'm also not sure how much of my loss was due to the Shred, and how much was due to my diet and other daily exercise. However, I did lose five pounds my first week doing the DVD. I feel like it definitely helped to tone me and I loved how quick it was. I'm now doing Ripped in 30, and I lost 3 pounds my first week. She's totally annoying and you have to get past listening to her sexually harass the girls for 20 minutes, but the workouts are great :)

I've found putting on my ipod helps tune her out and just following her moves, otherwise I want to strangle her
  • crazysexykoo
    crazysexykoo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Yes, tuning her out with music (once you get used to 30DS) is the best idea. All I know is if I have to hear "get some, get some" one more time during the Ripped in 30 video, I will lose it!! lol
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred in April and lost 10 pounds and 7 1/4 inches. I did it every day while adding the elliptical and stationary bike in the evening a few times! I loved this workout. It was short but effective!

I am now doing Ripped in 30 and hoping for good results! Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Jillian harrasses the girls!! Lol
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Just curious what size weights are you ladies using??
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

I started and still use 3 lbs weights. I really want to go up to 5 lbs now but just have not gotten them yet
  • HJayBee
    HJayBee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    No weight loss at all - but 3 inches lost in my waist. *happy dance*
  • lynenz
    lynenz Posts: 29
    Options
    I am currently on L3D4 and have lost 6 pounds and 9 inches overall to date. Hopefully will have lost a few more in the next few days! I'm thinking of doing a second round of 30DS along with C25K for some extra cardio.
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I only lost 2.6lbs but lost 11 inches :) I did it a total of 26 days, was trying for 30 straight, but things came up :(

Good Luck!! I love JM!!

Doing Ripped in 30 now!!

my weights range from 3lbs to 8lbs, when it comes to my back I do the 8 (way stronger there) shoulders I do 3.
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options

I used 3 lb weights all during the 30 day shred. I used the 5 pounds during Week 1 of Ripped, but am now alternating between 3 -5 lbs during Week 2.
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I always want to kill Jillian by the 5th day so I never had much luck with it, despite starting it multiple times. Good luck!

Ditto. My record is 8 days.

It's great for toning, I'll give it that-- but for me it was actually *too* much. By day 3 my thighs were much firmer, but by day 6 they weren't just toning, they were bulking up. I quit after 8 days & my boyfriend thanked me b/c my legs were getting a bit much to handle.
  • Sden1231
    Sden1231 Posts: 61
    Options
    I posted pictures on another forum. Pictures seem to complicated to do here lol so here's the link....the results are actually from the whole 30ds and two weeks of ripped in 30

http://forum.baby-gaga.com/about1716388-1.html

ETA: I honestly sa the most change with ripped 30. I haven't completed it bc I went on vacation after week two and never restarted it. I am currently doing it again and start week three on Monday I love it
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I did the Shred for the whole 30 days and was able to lose 16pounds and 19.35 inches all together within the 30 days!! I was around 220ish when I began it so I had and still have alot to lose. But I loved it, its a very intense work out and Ripped in 30 is even more so I am currently doing that! However there have been mixed reviews about it some people don't lose with it but if you don't I bet you'll at least feel alot stronger and more fit. I did do extra cardio 2-3 times a week while doing it as well.

Here is the link of my sucess with it!! Good luck with it:)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/204797-30-day-shred-before-after-pictures-can-you-see-a-differe
  • sweebeesmom
    sweebeesmom Posts: 148
    Options
    On day 8. I use 2 lb weights. I've lost 2 lbs so far. I haven't lost any inches so far.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I always want to kill Jillian by the 5th day so I never had much luck with it, despite starting it multiple times. Good luck!

Me too! She's so irritating!!

I do find her a bit irritating too, so I just turn the volume down and blast my music that way I'll only hafta watch her and not listen to her LOL.
  • LoseItJourney
    LoseItJourney Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred .
    Its a great workout , plus has different levels (beginner, advanced ect.) to follow.

I only did half the workout each time, but I lost 10 pounds doing it, so I think it would be great to really follow
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have started the shred tomorrow will be day 3 on level one and OMG I am so tired. I usually tune her out but I also have my 4 year old as a work out buddy so he keeps me talking to him LOL. I am already noticing a difference in my thighs and Oh lord I am sore

I will be adding 6pack in 6 weeks and once I finish the shred I will be starting ripped in 30

Then Insanity :)

I want to be at my goal weight by my birthday in Feb
  • Honey1990
    Options
    i start L1 D9 tomorrow and so far i have lost 4 pounds and 3.5 inches.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!