Alcoholic Beverages

Options
2»

Replies

• dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I think that wine is ok , as long I don't have more then 2-3 glasess per week ( or even less then this) But I strongly believe that hard alchool kills my body, so I don't drink that , not even ocasionaly.

And only a very good wine - not any wine:)
  • Randomgal
    Randomgal Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Amen sista! The point of having a healthy life style is to enjoy life... So why not exercise AND and a glass of wine.... :)
  • mishkamichelle
    Options
    For me, drinking alcohol is one of the hardest parts to deal with when trying to lead a healthy living, healthy eating lifestyle. Because when you choose to drink, it isn't only the alcohol that increases your calories, but the pizza/poutine/fries/etc after the bar that my drunk self can just not say no to!

I love having a good time, and can do so with or without drinking. However sometimes I just really want to have a drink when out with friends.

I have been choosing vodka with soda water, and frozen fruit (usually berries) if available to sweeten it. I still have the occasional Strongbow (my fav), especially after a tough rugby match with my team. But it has been really hard to give rye and coke (my other fav), which might as well be a meal calorie-wise.

Ha, re-reading the above it sounds like I drink a lot! I don't - not every few days or anything, but probably once or twice every two weeks.
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet, I'm in it for life. I probably have a bottle of wine spread out through the week, or a few martinis. Never has made a difference in anything, and I work out 5 days a week. I don't get to the point of drunkness anymore (very infrequently!), but I like a good buzz.

This is what I'm talking about. I'm in it for life. No more dieting- just better choices. I'm not giving up my wine or drinks either. Moderation is key :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I never thought I could or would give up alcohol, but having had a few nasty reactions, most recently 2 weeks ago when I forgot I had taken migraine medication and then had a drink and was very very ill for a few days, I just don't feel like alcohol at all at the moment. I will play it by ear, but not drinking at the moment.
  • jeaniemon
    jeaniemon Posts: 4
    Options
    I love a couple (two or three) glasses of wine each day, but that adds up to a lot of empty calories. Now I try to limit drinking to Wednesday (hump day) and on the weekend...hopefully it will be enough to take off some pounds.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    If I had to choose between a drink and ice cream, I'd pick the ice cream :bigsmile:

Seriously, I no longer drink alcohol, but as a former beer-lover, I occasionally indulge in a NA beer. Nothing like a cold beer after a hot afternoon working on the yard.
  • r0bin84
    r0bin84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big drinker either, but I feel that beer and wine are nice every so often. I have it stuck in my head that they are unnecessary calories, so I haven't drank hardly anything this year.:smile:
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I have an extremely lean, strict diet six days a week. Then on sundays, for 24 hours I let loose. After six days of no drinking and very lean eating the "let loose" is really just a couple glasses of champagne or a skinny margarita and some semi bad foods. My first week doing this I popped a bottle of champagne and ordered a pizza, got one slice and one glass into it and passed out. Not worth it at all. Now I take it easy and really decide what i've been craving and just have a little bit. It's been working so far. Good luck to you!
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    oops