Overeating/binging

Options
Lately I seem to be having a problem controlling my appetite, and have been eating things I know I can get by without! Does anyone have any tips on how to control urges to binge?

Replies

• aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Find something else to do. When you get that feeling, go out for a walk or a quick run. Go to the gym. Do something constructive.

Also, eating fruit helps. Much better calories than chips or cookies.
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    +1 on "find something else to do."

Don't pretend you're not craving. Just say "I'm going to drink this water and then take this walk first. Then I can deal with the craving."

Sometimes we think we're hungry and we're really thirsty. I found that to be true the other day.

And for what it's worth, DON'T shame yourself or say you're "bad" for wanting something. I don't think that's worked in the past for anyone, so I'm pretty sure it won't work for you.

You can make the choice to stay on track and eat/drink healthy.
  • Gillott232
    Gillott232 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am a stress binger... when I get stressed out I eat. ALOT.. and right now I REALLYYY WANT TO EAT! I have a final exam to take and this class has been rediculously hard and I have not done as well as I have liked. I CANNOT fail this exam and now I'm stressed and all I can thinking about going into this test is something redicously sweet and bad for me to help take this stress away... AH!
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Eating fruit (melons) works for me when I have a sweet tooth. They're very sweet and packed full of water. And believe it or not, rice cakes w/ salt or salted nuts work when I want something salty.