New Here - Need all the support I can get!

Options
samvanz
samvanz Posts: 122 Member
Hi guys... I'm new on here. I know I lose much more weight when I'm motivated, and I'm hoping that having some support on these forums, outside of my everyday contacts, will help me continue losing.
In the past few years I've put on a lot of weight, and done a lot of yo-yoing. I went from 75kg (2005) to about 68kg (2006), gradually gaining weight til the end of last year when I peaked at about 84kg. I'd had enough, so I lost 7kgs in as many weeks...
This was while I was on holidays, and now that I'm back in a routine I've put 3kgs back on and am well and truly back into old bad habits.
Today I've started again, trying to lose some weight...
Money is a BIG issue for me (I have less that AU$50p/wk for food and other groceries, and I feed 2 people on that budget). If you're in a similar position I'd love to hear from you, share some tips and low-cost recipes...

Replies

• cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome to mfp. i know you will do well with this site. Everyone is really helpful and supportive on here. I have a family of four and really dont have any recipes for two. When I was first married though, I would for instance, have boiled chicken one night and with the leftovers use it in a casserole the next day. Food network has some really good recipes maybe you can condense to what fits you. Sorry I cant be more help. feel free to friend me:)
  • samvanz
    Options
    Hi Cafeteriagirl, thanks for the welcome!
    I hope I do keep at it, I feel so guilty for having given up... I'll get onto food network and check out the recipes, thanks :)
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    welcome and good to luck to you!
  • bubblycj
    bubblycj Posts: 4
    Options
    Good luck!
  • teresaq1
    teresaq1 Posts: 53
    Options
    Welcome. You will love this. I have lost 7 lbs in less than 2 weeks and am not starving to death. I am the queen of budget meals. Raised 3 kids while working part time and going to school. Can make 4 meals out of one chicken. It was a struggle, but now they are grown and all doing well. Chat me up anytime. I wish you great sucsess.
  • samvanz
    Options
    That sounds great, Teresa! Thanks so much, please do pass on any of your favourite budget low-cal recipes, that'd be amazing.
    Swearing by pumpkin soup and damper at the moment, but partner's starting to get sick of it, haha. Poor dear. The food that man puts up with :)
    And 7lb, that's about 3.5kg, yeah? That's amazing! Looking forward to some similar success.