Natural/Barefoot Running???

Options
2»

Replies

• adhillman01
    adhillman01 Posts: 206
    Options
    Quick question about Vibrams. I live in Savannah, GA and run downtown. It is cobblestone street in disrepair so there are bricks sticking up and bricks missing in lots of places. Would this cause pain in Vibrams?
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Quick question about Vibrams. I live in Savannah, GA and run downtown. It is cobblestone street in disrepair so there are bricks sticking up and bricks missing in lots of places. Would this cause pain in Vibrams?

you will definitely feel this on the bottom of your feet!!!!
  • llGeoll
    llGeoll Posts: 2
    Options
    You are definitely going to feel the smaller rocks and edges much more than larger rocks... You could always go with a thicker sole VFF (Trek Sport or Komodo) and add some Ininji socks which will help add a bit more cushioning without adding unwanted support...

Geo

www.facebook.com/runfreesd
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Stepping on marble sized rocks in vibrams hurts but over time it hurts less. I think that the feet learn to sense them before full weight is applied and the body learns to compensate to prevent pain. Also, you become adept at placing your feet where there is nothing hurtful to step on. It becomes second nature.