Sometimes I just want to cry!

Options
I went over my cals today so when I got home from work I am doing anything to burn them off. I went over by about 200 so my goal was 300. Im running around my house like an idiot trying to get my HR up to make it easier to burn cals on my stationary bike. I run down the hall and then into the kitchen where I find my SKINNY SKINNY husband eating cupcakes!! Im busting my butt off to loose weight and I have to watch what I eat when ppl like him can eat whatever they want and not gain a pound!!! Life just isnt fair at times!! :sad: I did make my goal of 300 but man! I wish I could eat whatever and be skinny too! :sad:

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I went over my cals today so when I got home from work I am doing anything to burn them off. I went over by about 200 so my goal was 300. Im running around my house like an idiot trying to get my HR up to make it easier to burn cals on my stationary bike. I run down the hall and then into the kitchen where I find my SKINNY SKINNY husband eating cupcakes!! Im busting my butt off to loose weight and I have to watch what I eat when ppl like him can eat whatever they want and not gain a pound!!! Life just isnt fair at times!! :sad: I did make my goal of 300 but man! I wish I could eat whatever and be skinny too! :sad:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Skinny does not equate healthy... :wink:

You are being healthy!! So:tongue: be happy -- your heart thanks you!!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I thoroughly agree with TNTPete. You're making life changes, not just diet changes. Lead by example. And maybe talk to your husband about helping you out. Sometimes "skinny" people do not realize what a struggle it is to stay healthy and are more than willing to help out if told. Keep up the good work
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I sure had to have a talk with my man to let him know just how SERIOUS it is for me.....I warned him that I will be measuring everything and paying attention to ALL that goes in my mouth......he still eats worse then me....but I remind him how BAD he is to his body..I swear if he could have Pepsi through I.V. he would haha......but I have sworn off McDonalds for 5 years now.....he will eat it if he's on the go for work...but if Im around HE KNOWS better hahaha besides if youve watched SUPER SIZE me you dont want that garbage in you!!!!

Anyhow have a chat with your partner and let him know just how much his support would also help you succeed which would ultimately make you happy...:smile::flowerforyou: good luck Carrie6o6!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    well my hubby aint skinny and he keeps eating the quart of chunky monkey every nite, right in front of me! he has my daughter 'sneek' it in...argh. :noway:

I dont complain too much cuz he :smokin: and :drinker: and eats all the wrong things...as does most of his family.

I can just picuture them all standing there with their ciggies and bud lites at my funeral saying....remember how she was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO healthy!! bwahahaha

lol. It is about our health and I feel healthier than i have in 10 yrs!!

:bigsmile:
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    I thoroughly agree with TNTPete. You're making life changes, not just diet changes. Lead by example. And maybe talk to your husband about helping you out. Sometimes "skinny" people do not realize what a struggle it is to stay healthy and are more than willing to help out if told. Keep up the good work

My husband is very supportive and it really doesnt bother me that he eats those things in from of me. When I went into the kitchen it was like I was catching a kid in the cookie jar. He just kinda laughed and said "your not suppose to be in here!" That doesnt frustrate me! The fact he can eat whatever and I have to bust my butt off (almost literally haha) to be thin! Thats not fair!

Last night I was thinking "why am I even trying to lose weight? Im happy with myself I could just accept myself being big at least I can eat what I want" but then there are still those times where I dont like the way I look and everyone is so proud of what im doing to I cant quit yet :grumble: I guess its all for the best right? :frown:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    ...I can just picuture them all standing there with their ciggies and bud lites at my funeral saying....remember how she was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO healthy!! bwahahaha...:bigsmile:

I can totally relate to that! My DH doesn't smoke or drink, but he and the rest of the family will sit there and eat all kinds of bad stuff right in front of me and I think the same thing - they'll be standing around my coffin sayin' "she had just reached her goal weight too". :grumble:
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    What do you mean they will all be standing around your coffin? If you are healthy and they arent.. wont you be standing around theirs? :indifferent:
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    I know what you feel, my hubby eats all sorts of stuff and doesn't gain a lb, could be though cause he is working out, but still it is I've been in your shoes, and just give up at times, Just take it one day at a time *hugs* :flowerforyou:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    What do you mean they will all be standing around your coffin? If you are healthy and they arent.. wont you be standing around theirs? :indifferent:

:laugh: Well, yeah, but just my luck, I would be hit by some random meteor or something. :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    ...I can just picuture them all standing there with their ciggies and bud lites at my funeral saying....remember how she was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO healthy!! bwahahaha...:bigsmile:

I can totally relate to that! My DH doesn't smoke or drink, but he and the rest of the family will sit there and eat all kinds of bad stuff right in front of me and I think the same thing - they'll be standing around my coffin sayin' "she had just reached her goal weight too". :grumble:

LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cre13
    cre13 Posts: 68
    Options
    Awww... some people are just lucky like that. But as many above have already said - they aren't the healthy ones and YOU are!! Good for you for reaching your goal!!
    YOUGOGIR.gif

-Chirleen