I did it :-) NSV

Options
marber
marber Posts: 118 Member
I have been running at the gym for just over a year and have built myself up to running 4.5 km in 30 mins.

I have been scared to run outside without the even pace of the treadmill with no hills!

Today I plucked up the courage and ran outside.I had already planned my route, a dam nearby which is not too hilly and is a 5.4km run around it.

I did it :-). I ran all the way around in 38 mins. The little hills were not as bad as I thought and I ran a little faster without realising.

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    well done your a ☆彡
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    Awesome way to go
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    well done!!
  • blankcanvas
    blankcanvas Posts: 177
    Options
    Congratulations! That's just wonderful:)
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! That will be so freeing as well. Won't need to rely on a gym all the time to get the workout in!!! : )
  • marianeo
    marianeo Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Well done!
  • ashleigh2311
    ashleigh2311 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    well done!!!
    thats awesome :)
  • snockers3112
    snockers3112 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Well done on your wonderful NSV
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Nice :)
  • marber
    Options
    Thank you.

I will still run at the gym as I take my mother and it is her only form of exercise as she has physical limitations and my son has started going as well and I want him to get into good habits young.

It is nice to be able to do something else on the days I don't go to the gym and it does not take as long as a trip to the gym.

It is also a thrill to be able to do something I have never been able to do before.
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    awesome! i love running outside...so much more than on a "dreadmill." hope you enjoyed it!
  • marber
    Options
    Considering how long it took me to pluck up the courage to do it I actually did enjoy it and it was not as hard as I thought it was going to be.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!