2 kids and 4 years later...........

Lami
Lami Posts: 6 Member
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there! Finally after losing a pound or two and gaining a pound or two (or three!) I have taken my eating in hand. I am an emotional eater and on my 'strong days' I'd kill myself to eat healthily, find it sooooo hard and then be disgusted when there was no weight loss after all my 'effort'!!!! I've been using myfitnesspal for a week and a half now and it has completely changed how I eat and indeed exercise! Who knew my housework could burn calories too???!!! And so here I am. I have about 10-14 lbs to lose and for the first time in a very very long time I think I may just reach goal. Keeping it there is another matter! So thank you myfitnesspal for such a fantastic weightloss tool!

Lami

Replies

• m2purple
    m2purple Posts: 38
    I know how you feel! I am in the same boat with you, and for the first time ever, I am actually looking forward to doing housework! :smile: Good luck in reaching all your goals!
  • vabheegaard
    vabheegaard Posts: 61
    I know you will reach it!
  • baddkitty187
    baddkitty187 Posts: 62 Member
    I'm so glad you're doin well!! I also have 2 children and let my weight get beyond my control but trough this great tool I know we can al reach our goals and live a healthy life! I keep telling my kids stary healthy and you won't have to worry about getting halthy!!
  • Sc4ever
    Sc4ever Posts: 33
    I consider myself an emotional eater too especially when im bored at night watching tv. Going on week 2 and i have learned there is alot of support here its really hard for me to take responsibility for my eating habits but im going to see this through!
    Good luck!
    ps I have 3 kids and its hard to make time to exercise, im learning to make time for me without feeling bad :smile:
  • Lami
    Lami Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you all for saying Hi and sharing your stories. I have finished week 2 and very pleased. I do find it hard sometimes - getting used to that 'satisfied' rather than "so full I can hardly breathe" feeling. I keep thinking I could eat something else but it's not really hunger!

On the exercise thing, I've discovered that housework burns calories! :) YAY! So on my two housework days that's my exercise and then I manage two (sometimes three, depending on my mood) Wii Fit workouts and one night of Pilates! It sounds alot, but for someone who hates exercise passionately, it's actually doable. In fairness, doing this amount puts me way over my weekly goal so I could get away with less, but for now, I'm enjoying it so I'll keep it up.

Some days I find the calorie count a bit low but I'm losing weight and I guess for now, that's all that matters. Congratulations to all on taking this step too - it's great to have a community of people who know what the struggle is like. Wishing you all every success on this journey.

Lami
This discussion has been closed.