New Mommy!

hoovel
hoovel Posts: 2
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Hello All!
I am a new mom, (well my son is three months old now) and life has been amazing. I have spent so much time with the new baby and focusing on him that I have lost focus of myself and the way that I look. Since the pregnancy i have gained 35 pounds and it has not come off after I have the baby! I want to get back on track and have people that I can talk to who will support me and I can support them!
Have a great day!

Replies

• Superdupermom
    Superdupermom Posts: 149
    welcome! I gained over 50 lbs with two kids so i know how it is! good luck feel free to add me ;)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    First Congratulations! Second, take your time. The weight will come off. You need to eat healthy whole foods. Fresh Fruits, Vegetables,Salads, Whole Grain Breads, Pasta, Rice. Fresh Meats and Fish. Whole Wheat Crackers with Low Fat Cheese or Spicy Humus, Low fat Popcorn, Tortila Chips and salse for snacking. Stay away from processed and sugar. Watch portions and log your foods in everyday. If you stay near your goal you will see the weight come off. Make sure you take the little one for a walk every day. It will be good for both of you. You just need to focus on healthy eating and don't think of it as a diet. Good luck.
  • mandyschalk
    mandyschalk Posts: 93 Member
    Hello and welcome!! I have also been in the boat of gaining weight during pregnancy. My youngest ones just turned 2 and I still have to get off the baby weight.
    Good luck feel fee to add me if you want!
  • Your baby is only three months - give it sometime :) Are you breast feeding? Everyone told me that would help me lose some weight (I don't think it did - but who knows). The pounds melted away pretty good after my first but I gained a little more with my second & I have hardly lost any (she is 18 months now!). I've been really trying to eat right & exercise but the tools on here have really shown me that I have some really bad habits I need to break (I guess those 3 glasses of wine before dinner have really added up) ;) Good luck!
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Do you baby wear? My pounds came off fast after my first. We walked everywhere while living in the city. During my second pregnancy, we moved to the suburbs. Now we drive everywhere and I have to be more proactive about my weight.
    Let's be friends!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Congratulations and welcome to the Mommy Club! It took you 10 months to get all stretched out so it stands to reason you may need more than 3 for everything to shrink back. The great news is you have a happy healthy baby, a sunny outlook on where you want to be (health wise), and the warm weather is coming and you'll be able to push that baby in the stroller and walk, walk, walk!
  • MrsJen
    MrsJen Posts: 7 Member
    I'm a new mom too! My daughter is 8 weeks old. I have been at this for three days and now that I'm looking at what calories in and out its fun. May I suggest wearing baby and baby and me classes? I do salsa babies once a week and it burns something like 350! I also went for a long talk wearing baby yesterday and burned a ton too! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.