Heads up to you cereal lovers!

Options
LemonCitron
LemonCitron Posts: 116 Member
Morning!

I just wanted to let everyone know that you should put the time in a actually weigh your cereal (and all food really) before you eat it. I measured out 1 cup of cereal this morning and wanted to weigh it to see how accurate the measurement was.

Well the 1 cup (30 grams) on the box came to 49 grams when I weighed it. Holy crap!! What a difference. I begrudgingly put almost half of the portion back :(

But yeah, just a warning, you should really weigh your food...

Replies

• Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Oh boo!!! Maybe I'll eat just as much but log more calories. I already feel like I'm not getting enough cereal! lol
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I know, I discovered that sad fact a few months ago. I've almost stopped eating cereal because the serving size is so small. I thought 1 cup was small, but the real serving size is just too small for me to feel satisfied.
  • kaleas
    kaleas Posts: 200
    Options
    This made me really sad as I finished eating my cheerios. I always eat a 1.5 cups just to make me feel full, but not you're telling me this may be an extreme amount. =( Oh no.
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    It's so true that you should weigh your food !

When you measure out your portions vs. weigh them.......you can't believe the difference between them :sad:

Way back when, many moo's ago, :bigsmile: when I started weight watchers for the first time is when I was introduced to a food scale and I have been using it ever since.

It opened my eyes :ohwell: to how much my measured portions were as opposed to the weighed portions
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    I double checked with my cereal and it was the same, however when I started taking cereal out while still on the scale, I only had to remove 10 piece.

I had Fiber One Caramel Delight. Not sure if the type of cereal would make a huge difference in the amount you would have to remove though.
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Oh I love cereal but stop buying it since even 1 cup is not enough for me!
  • Randomgal
    Randomgal Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could get your cereal craving by NOT having it for breakfast...but eating it dry for a snack.....I don't mind plain Cheerios as a dry snack....just a thought:flowerforyou:
  • LemonCitron
    LemonCitron Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could get your cereal craving by NOT having it for breakfast...but eating it dry for a snack.....I don't mind plain Cheerios as a dry snack....just a thought:flowerforyou:

Oh this is what I do too. I was just weighing it before I came to work. I love cereal as a dry snack. :D