Swim Cap

Options
I have a nice speedo swim cap, but my hair still gets wet with it. I wonder, am I not putting it on right? I tuck all of my hair in, so that it seals and try to push all of the air out. And, I've tried both ways of ears in and ears out. Any tips?

Replies

• jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    I guess not a lot of swimmers out there, huh? LoL
  • jabbogurl
    Options
    I guess not a lot of swimmers out there, huh? LoL
  • ehender
    ehender Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure most swim caps like speedo are not supposed to keep your hair wet, but keep your hair out of your face for competition and such... coming from a swimmer but not one that trys to keep her hair dry. Just a thought :)
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    its not designed to keep your hair dry, it keep your hair covered so that it stays out of the way and doesnt provide additional resistance to your body. same reason male swimmers shave their body hair. you should always rinse your hair before putting the cap on to preven breakage, and wash your hair after.
  • jabbogurl
    Options
    thanks for the thoughts! i always thought it would keep my hair dry, which was the main purpose of buying it when I was swimming every day. I didn't want my hair to die because of all the chlorine! I knew it helped make you more sleek and what not, and thought the dry hair was a bonus.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    If you want to keep chlorine off your hair I'd suggest pre-wetting your hair with clean water and then putting on the cap. Already wet hair doesn't take up nearly as much chlorine as dry hair.