Over/ under on sugar, fiber, sodium, protein

Options
2»

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Hot dogs are definitely easy but ugh! :laugh:

Have you tried throwing together a big salad? You can pre-cut the vegetables over the weekend or the night before and put it all together in advance. No microwaving needed! Add the things you like: meats, cheeses, veggies, chickpeas, corn, black beans, hard boiled eggs, etc so it's nice and filling. Put your dressing in a separate container so it doesn't get all soggy. Just watch the sodium counts of the individual things you're putting in there, of course.

Another easy one is tuna, chicken or egg salad. Bring bread and lettuce/tomato packed separately and you have a quick sandwich. Better yet, eat it with celery sticks as scoops for less carbs AND sodium.
  • Manda1987
    Manda1987 Posts: 207
    Options
    For stuff to bring to work, try batch cooking. Make way more dinner than you really need, then freeze it in individual containers (I like the reusable Ziploc twisties in the 2 cup size) and bring it in. Takes no time to zap it, and it's much healthier than hot dogs! I do it with chili, soup, spaghetti, lasagna, etc. There's only two of us, so it makes it a lot easier to cook extra.
  • msbrownbeauty87
    msbrownbeauty87 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    BUMP

I to have the same problems with sodium and sugar. I dont mind any input so how can i make my food diary avilable for everyone to see ?