affordable HRM?

Options
I noticed everyone talks about having a HRM. Which HRM do you suggest that is also affordable? I kinda splurged my money on a good pair of sunglasses I don't want to go to overboard so I don't get that look from my husband :huh:

:happy:

I will start riding my bike in the morning with a child trailer in tow and I saw that many of you suggested having a HRM to accuretly find the calorie totals. Does the monitor show calories burned or do you have to figure it out according to your heart rate? I know nothing about HRMs your advice and knowledge is greatly apperciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• karabeccasmith
    Options
    I noticed everyone talks about having a HRM. Which HRM do you suggest that is also affordable? I kinda splurged my money on a good pair of sunglasses I don't want to go to overboard so I don't get that look from my husband :huh:

:happy:

I will start riding my bike in the morning with a child trailer in tow and I saw that many of you suggested having a HRM to accuretly find the calorie totals. Does the monitor show calories burned or do you have to figure it out according to your heart rate? I know nothing about HRMs your advice and knowledge is greatly apperciated!

Thanks!
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6, it cost around $110. I love it. You put in your info (age, height, weight) and when you do your exercises, it calculates your calories burned for you.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I have an Polar F4 and it's a bit less then the F6....I got it cause I don't like lots of buttons.
    It was something like $85-90.

Gotta remember, there is cheap there is a little more costly but lasts/works better.