to be or not to be...

Options
Embarrassed. I have been overweight since I was about eight years old. I have, as long as I can remember, always been overweight and embarrassed about it. I've been ashamed of my weight and of my body. I went to Hawaii a few years ago, and didn't feel like I deserved to be there because I was a detriment to the scenery. What kind of bull poopie have I been fed my whole life? I didn't deserve to be there??? Wow. I'm working on looking and feeling better with my weight here....the same reason ALL of us are here. I was too embarrassed about how heavy I'd let myself get to post my weight, other than how much I had already lost. Well here it goes. I started my journey at just under 300 pounds. 297 to be exact. I started March 23 (I think) When I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Doc said lose weight and it will go away. Well I'm already 19 pounds lighter. I weight in at 278 this morning. BOO YAH! If you don't think that's a HUGE deal....go ahead carry around a 20 pound wight for awhile. It's not quite 10% of my body weight but Its awesome. And when I reach my goal weight I'm going back to Hawaii....and You know what? I'm going to relish every minute of it.

Replies

• RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!

Im jelous. I also started my jouney (before mfp) at 289lbs. I am now down to 233 but have been at this weight now for three weeks, cant seem to push through. I am going on a trip in January and my goal is to be under 200lbs when I go which I have not been since I was a kid. My final Goal is to be 189lbs but I have a far way to go. Feel free to ad dme if you want motivation and support and friendship. We can all use a pat on the back sometimes.
  • kitchenfairy
    Options
    19 pounds if FANTASTIC! I know just how you feel and I think it's cause for celebration for every pound gone. It certainly lifts the weight off the negative self esteem. :)
    Sending you a friend request by the way. :)
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    OMG!! I can so relate to your story. In about two years, my son is planning to get married in Hawaii. I joined MFP on March 15, 2010. When my girlfriend asked me what got me started, I said "my son wants to get married in Hawaii and I plan to be there. Who wants to be fat in Hawaii?" I've never been there and will, more than likely, never get there again. I don't know why we value ourselves based on our weight, but we do. How did this ever get started anyway?? Best of luck to you -- I KNOW you will do it :smile:
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    OMG!! I can so relate to your story. In about two years, my son is planning to get married in Hawaii. I joined MFP on March 15, 2010. When my girlfriend asked me what got me started, I said "my son wants to get married in Hawaii and I plan to be there. Who wants to be fat in Hawaii?" I've never been there and will, more than likely, never get there again. I don't know why we value ourselves based on our weight, but we do. How did this ever get started anyway?? Best of luck to you -- I KNOW you will do it :smile:

I've been to Hawaii several times, but only once was I 'thin.' I was in high school, so of course I had that 'I'm so fat' mentality. But the next time I go (which will probably be in about 2-3 years) I WILL BE THIN AGAIN. :glasses: We can all do it! :heart: