GPS & Heart Rate Monitor

Options
I am looking at getting the new Garmen Forerunner 405 GPS + Heart Rate Monitor to help me keep track of distance and calories on my runs.

Only problem is my wrists are really small and when I tried on the Garmen, it was really big and clunky. I didn't try on the Heart Rate Monitor band yet, but I am a little concerned that will be too big as well, because the Garmen seems to have been made with the man in mind.

Does anybody know of a good women's GPS + Heart Rate Monitors out there?

Replies

• Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    I am looking at getting the new Garmen Forerunner 405 GPS + Heart Rate Monitor to help me keep track of distance and calories on my runs.

Only problem is my wrists are really small and when I tried on the Garmen, it was really big and clunky. I didn't try on the Heart Rate Monitor band yet, but I am a little concerned that will be too big as well, because the Garmen seems to have been made with the man in mind.

Does anybody know of a good women's GPS + Heart Rate Monitors out there?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew. I know the iphone has a great GPS app you can buy (my husband has one) for $3. We got our average speed on both a bike and a walk.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I was looking at the Garmin too.. I know they sell a much less clunkier style but don't think the GPS is in it... <sigh> what's a girl to do?
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    I was looking at the Garmin too.. I know they sell a much less clunkier style but don't think the GPS is in it... <sigh> what's a girl to do?

Yeah, there are lots of heart rate monitors out there, but the GPS is so helpful for long runs!

I found that Polar has one, but it's about $100 more than the Garmen. And doesn't look any less clunky.