Help!!!!

Options
hi yall,

I've been stuck here for the longest time. I've lost some weight but seemed to have plateaued. I upped my exercise on the treadmill from 30 minutes to 45 minutes. I'm burning 378 calories on the treadmill. and I am allowed to eat 1200 calories a day plus what I burn in exercise. And I never do. I eat approx 1300 -1400 calories a day. and I'm not losing an ounce. WHY I feel like I would be justified if I sat down and ate a whole bag of york peppermint patties or a 1/2 gal of ice cream. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

thanks for all your support.

Replies

• farrahmelanie
    Options
    hi yall,

I've been stuck here for the longest time. I've lost some weight but seemed to have plateaued. I upped my exercise on the treadmill from 30 minutes to 45 minutes. I'm burning 378 calories on the treadmill. and I am allowed to eat 1200 calories a day plus what I burn in exercise. And I never do. I eat approx 1300 -1400 calories a day. and I'm not losing an ounce. WHY I feel like I would be justified if I sat down and ate a whole bag of york peppermint patties or a 1/2 gal of ice cream. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

thanks for all your support.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Try reading this post, it might be helpful to you.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/20343-how-i-have-avoided-plateauing-length-warning
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    It's all about planning! Really! And yes, you DO want to eat your exercise calories. Mainly you want to avoid the starvation phase, when your body say it better not lose (or even better, store up more) fat. And, ironically, the less you weigh, the more important it is to eat those exercise calories. The resident expert in here is banks, ask him. He can give you some good advice based upon your individual specifics. (I'm way too much of a newbie to pretend to be anything like an expert). But in here, you really can get all the tolls, and resources, to achieve your goals! Plus we have the original "we put fin in dysfunctional" family for support and love! :flowerforyou: