Greetings from LA County!

Options
Hello Everyone! After reaching my heaviest (somewhere between 200-210 lbs) I knew I needed to lose weight. It wasn't until I saw myself in pictures with my friends that it really hit how much of a cow I looked next to them. I envy their small figures, and that's how I got my motivation. My weight loss journey began this past fall. I did it on my own for the first few months and lost about 15-20 lbs, and then I hit a plateu. A friend suggested that I count calories, and I came accross MFP while browsing app world on my blackberry. It has been extremely helpful! Although I tend to fall of the wagon sometimes and indulge in my guilty pleasure, fast food! I love me some Mickey Dees, In & Out, Carl's & Jack's! Oh and I cant leave out chinese food! Mmmmm! Lol. Anyways I can't wait until I reach my goal weight (130 lbs) I'm not rushing my diet what so ever. I did that before and I gained it all back and more! This time slowly but surely!

Btw I need some MFP friends so feel free to send me a request :o)

Replies

• Roo1026
    Roo1026 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm man I miss In & Out! But I guess for me its kinda good I cant get them here in Iowa! Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP community, you will find people here to be very nice and helpfull and always willing to give you that high five moment after achieving something or just throw some motivation your way.

You already have the right idea, dont rush a diet because it will set your body into starvation mode so to speak and once it gets food again it will try to store everything it can get its ''hands'' on.
    Just try to take smaller portions of food and more often ( like every 3 hours orso ) to max out your metabolism.
    And ofc start doing cardio ( if able ) that helps your metabolism aswell, just starting small works wonders like doing a 20min walk every other day and just increase the time or days per week that you walk once you notice it gets easy or you want a little more progress but dont overdo it.

Remember beeing healthy and losing weight isnt a job or chore you need to do but its a lifestyle change !

Best of luck to you on your weightloss journey, and feel free to add me =)