Not losing or gaining weight? Staying the same, try this...

Options
reneeot
reneeot Posts: 773 Member
If you are not losing or gaining weight, staying the same weight give or take water weight. INCREASE YOUR DIETARY INTAKE. We tend to want to restrict calorie intake more and increase exercise. If you decrease caloric intake and still not lose weight. STOP !! Don't decrease any further, try the opposite.

I've found for my body, increasing the dietary intake works better. I discovered staying at MFP 1200 calorie was too little even if I ate my exercise calories. I tried 1400 calorie and then moved on to 1600 calorie. Seems for me my body does better at 1600 calories.

I posted this because I believe I WASTED nearly a year. I had extremely slow weight loss, only lost 24lbs in 1 year. It was coming off extremely slow. This year increased eating and I lost 10lbs in 6 weeks. That is more like it!! But I found since I was eating more, I had to stick to regimine without going over, because then I would gain weight. I had the munchies from some meds and in 2 weeks put on 7lbs!! (3 lbs is water weight, I fluctate 3lbs all the time, so really 4lbs in 2 weeks).

Hopefully this post will help others to not waste time and get frustrated . FIND YOUR CALORIC INTAKE NUMBER!! (hee hee like the sleep number bed!!)

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    This is very good advice. Thanks.
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    Bump
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    bump
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Great post, great reminder. Thanks!
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    I've been stuck for about 4 weeks now....NOTHING! :grumble:
    Thank you so much for posting! I know you are right, but it's just SO hard to increase...but I'm gonna do it! I'm more than willing to be patient....this is my life long journey...but those little changes on the scale are SO rewarding :love:
  • LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    Options
    This is what is happening to me...so thanks:happy:
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    This absolutely does work!
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I find this is the hardest notion for dieters to "believe": that under-eating can derail weight loss as much as overeating can. The optimum fat burning zone is a slight deficit, not a LARGE deficit. The stickiest part is defining the size of the deficit. What is "large" for me could be "small" for someone else. Thanks for sharing.
  • reneeot
    Options
    The logic behind this is that if you eat too little. Your body hangs on to everything you put in as reserves, so if you give it more it will start to let go because it realizes it will be given enough food to burn!!

:-)
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I too increased my intake about 2 days ago because I was not gaining but, I was not losing. I went on line to see how many calories I should be consuming in order to lose weight and my #'s came to 1600-1800 cals. I do exercise so by the time Im done working out I would have burned between 400-600 cals. Hopefully this will do it. I have lbs to go and that's a long ways. I lost 20 lbs within the last 9 months but, It should have been way more than that.
  • vdaniela3
    vdaniela3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks,yea I'm gona give this another try because I've been stuck for about 5 wks now. As soon as I was dropped to 1200, I've lost about 9 lbs. And that's been from feb-now. I'm losin my mind over here,lol. I increased to 1350,maybe the last 2 wks and still nothing. I'm not within the last 10,honestly I need to lose about 40-45 more. So yea,I'll increase to maybe 1400 next wk and see what happens.
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    bump
  • reneeot
    Options
    i bumped myself!! This is a very good point many don't know!!