P90X VS. JILLIAN MICHAEL

Options
Hi All!
So I have been hearing a lot about P90X and Jillian's work out dvd's.. i was just wondering which you prefer.. i've done research online but would love to hear personal experiences.. if you have pics of results that would be awesome too.. i do want to lose weight and tone up.. please help me out :)
thanks!!

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    P90X!!!! All the way!!!

I <3 Tony Horton.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I can't stand JM. I am not ready to spend that much $ on P90X because I just spent that much $ on Turbo Fire, so I ordered Supreme 90 day and will give it a try. It's similar to P90X and is only a fraction of the price. $20!!
  • cpbarrett
    cpbarrett Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've tried both. P90X videos are longer (about and hour) and maybe more difficult. Some of Jillian's videos are around 30 minutes per session. Both are good, in my opinion, but Tony Horton is annoying to me.
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    Yep, p90x is a much better workout. I find the Jillian michaels DVDs kind of weak.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I can't stand JM. I am not ready to spend that much $ on P90X because I just spent that much $ on Turbo Fire, so I ordered Supreme 90 day and will give it a try. It's similar to P90X and is only a fraction of the price. $20!!

Good luck with Supreme 90. Just becareful, you get what you pay for.

I love Jillian, but have not done any of her work outs. I have done 2 rounds of P90X and loved it!

Hope this helps,
    Stu
  • tiffanyhimel
    Options
    I really like the 30 day shred... you get a great workout in in only 20 or so minutes. You cannot go from unfit to P90X. You will hurt yourself!! If you're already somewhat fit, P90X is great, but as a beginner, stay far away.
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have only used jillian...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/218252-30-day-shred-round-2-complete

I completed 2 rounds of the shred and am on week 3 of ripped in 30.... so far i have lost about 10lbs on ripped in 30. I like these 2 dvds and plan on using them for awhile.
  • mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I don't have the time or money to invest in P90..not only do you have to buy the disc but also the equipment. So I am doing jillion right now. I want to do insanity next. DVDs still $$ but no equipment to buy.
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your fitness level. I like Jillian michaels because you don't have to have a whole lot of materials for her workouts. I tried p90x and it was too extreme for me. I have no doubt you would see results tho. Im doing the 30 day shred with JM and i love it! I notice differences in my abs and arms and im not taking a whole 60 min for one workout
  • raelynnjordan
    raelynnjordan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I started with JM 30 day shred and worked my way up to P90X. I started P90X a couple times before and never got very far because I felt very discouraged. Doing JM 30 day shred worked me up for P90X, and now I feel more comfortable doing it because I don't tire as easily and I don't have to modify as much as I did in the past. It is really up to you! Good luck!!
  • alessandragiu1
    alessandragiu1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    so i guess i should start with JM just to work myself up to p90x.. or do p90x at my own pace until i feel comfortable enough to be able to do the whole video..
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I've tried both. P90X videos are longer (about and hour) and maybe more difficult. Some of Jillian's videos are around 30 minutes per session. Both are good, in my opinion, but Tony Horton is annoying to me.

I agree! I find myself doing Jillian's more because I'm strapped for time and I like how she puts cardio in with it. But I also like how p90x is more intense toning up wise.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    You don't have to be 'fit' to do P90x. The first time I did it, I was 200lbs. It's all about good form and modifying the moves to whatever level pushes you. Classic schedule is great! I'm about to start the X back up myself. :flowerforyou:
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a rotation of several of Jillian's dvds and I love them and have had awesome results using them and watching what I eat. However, now they're starting to get too easy and I'm moving on to p90x. If I were you, I'd base my decision on your current level of fitness. I hear Jillian is a great warm-up to P90x. That's why I started with her workouts. Good luck with whatever you choose!
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump

I'm trying to decide whether to continue with my gym or cancel my membership and get p90x.
  • alessandragiu1
    alessandragiu1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump

I'm trying to decide whether to continue with my gym or cancel my membership and get p90x.

i have a gym membership as well.. i just feel like i want something more intense to add to my days.. let me know how it works for you and i will do the same!!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump

i have a gym membership as well.. i just feel like i want something more intense to add to my days.. let me know how it works for you and i will do the same!!

I had a paid in full gym membership (had almost 2 years left on it) when I found P90X. I had been growing tired of the gym and P90X caught my eye. I never looked back. So much so that after doing P90X, I did Slim in 6, ChaLEAN Extreme, 10 Minute Trainer and Insanity. I also became a coach Beachbody changed my life so much.