your fav quick lunch? here's mine...

Options
I go through phases with my eating, which is fine by me unless I get on a junk food kick, which is why I try really hard not to have 'cheat days' because I rarely, if ever, recover quickly from a cheat day. Sometimes it takes months. What the heck?

Well, as of lately, I've been on a serious salad kick. You know those pre-packaged salad bags? Well, I get one that is a LIGHT Caesar salad, just 70 calories per serving, which means I can polish off the whole bag and even toss in some chicken or shrimp, and still come in for under 300 calories for lunch. It's quick, easy, tasty, filling, and really helps knock out a big portion of my veggie intake requirements for the day.

What about you? What do you eat that is quick and easy on a regular basis?

Replies

• littlenoms
    littlenoms Posts: 46
    Options
    Chicken wraps and Greek style salad.
  • RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    A new fav of mine, cut up cucumbers mixed with salsa (I buy the fresh stuff from the deli) and feta cheese, so good!!!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    A new fav of mine, cut up cucumbers mixed with salsa (I buy the fresh stuff from the deli) and feta cheese, so good!!!

Yhat sounds very good. I might have to try this. Do you cut the cucumbers into slices or smaller pieces?
  • Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love chicken wraps with salad. vary between having salsa or extra light mayo sauce.
  • hiltonheadagain
    Options
    This sounds so good and low calorie. I can't wait to try it (the cukes and salsa). Thanks.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    What I LOVE to do is on Sunday make a pot of Turkey Chili, and have it all week....Yeah, maybe it's boring...but it's low carb, low fat and saves me tons of $$ lol.

Quinoa salad is another one, I'll make a whole pot and seperate it into daily servings....

I haven't done this in a while, I need to get back on it. I could save about $45.00 a week by doing this alone.

If I bring bkfst too I could save like $60.00 lol..
  • amydray
    amydray Posts: 26
    Options
    Baked sweet potato (approx 145 grams), in skin with no seasoning.

Baked chicken breast (4-6 oz), with cracked pepper, or can of albacore with a side of balsamic vinegar.

Simple salad of 2-3 cups of baby spinach (raw), sliced tomato (1/2 vine ripe), sliced red onions (.5 oz) , balsamic vinegar(1tbs), & EVOO (1 tsp).

Huge Water.

VERY filling and approximately 270-320 calories depending on portion size of chicken (4-6 oz) or potato(100-145 grams).

MY FAV.
  • swimmer23
    swimmer23 Posts: 70
    Options
    I'm in college so I'm severely limited as to options in the caf, but I usually end up making either a grilled chicken salad (one piece of grilled chicken breast, mixed baby spinach and lettuce, shredded carrots, fat free french dressing, cucumbers, raw mushrooms, raw broccoli) or what I call the Caf Tortilla Melt (one small tortilla split in half, layer baby spinach, raw mushrooms, cucumbers, one slice of deli ham, one slice of swiss or provologne cheese and then melt everything together on the panini maker). Both of these I have a side of either fruit or vegetable (depending on daily options) and a little pasta salad. Works out to be around 350 calories!
  • Sarahdangerfox
    Options
    Trader Joe's has a really yummy egg white salad that's only 50 cal per serving. I like to mix it with a big handful of greens and bell peppers and tuck it into a piece of whole wheat lavash for a tasty wrap. Super quick and easy to assemble. I also really like to make salads with a garden burger cut into them along with whatever other veg you like to include.