Trapped in donut Hell

Options
Okay after the gym this morning I stopped at 7/11 for coffee. The lady tells me “oh, with a large coffee you get a free donut”. I tell her no thank you and get out of there intact. Then I get to work and there are 4 dozen Krispy Kremes on the lunchroom table. The devil on my shoulder is saying “you can eat one and log it, you worked out this morning”, but the angel is saying “if you eat one you know what will happen, suddenly 3 more will mysteriously disappear and you’ll have an unexplained sugar rush”.

So far the angel is winning, but if I were making book the odds would be even.

Replies

• dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Okay after the gym this morning I stopped at 7/11 for coffee. The lady tells me “oh, with a large coffee you get a free donut”. I tell her no thank you and get out of there intact. Then I get to work and there are 4 dozen Krispy Kremes on the lunchroom table. The devil on my shoulder is saying “you can eat one and log it, you worked out this morning”, but the angel is saying “if you eat one you know what will happen, suddenly 3 more will mysteriously disappear and you’ll have an unexplained sugar rush”.

So far the angel is winning, but if I were making book the odds would be even.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Krispy Kremes are poison & someone sneezed on all of them!!! Stay strong!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I feel for ya. Welcome to my world!! I have to fight that fight EVERY day. Keep drinking water, flavor it if you have to. Imagine those donuts covered with spit and shower drain hairballs. They won't seem quite so appealing! Good luck - I'm rootin' for the angel!!
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You can do it, just say no :noway:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    They only taste good for a second....then the guilt will emerge, then the sugar rush, more guilt, your body will hate you, more guilt, you'll beat yourself up all day over it, not to mention the GUILT!

Fight the donut power! :bigsmile:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Just think about how many bowlsful of salad you can have instead of that donut. Works EVERYTIME for me. :tongue:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Just think about how many bowlsful of salad you can have instead of that donut. Works EVERYTIME for me. :tongue:

Smoke free and now losing weight-- that's incredible-- good for you!!!!!!!! What are you going to spend your saved money on?
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    oh man i have this awful thing going on if i see something i know i shouldn't eat i wanna grab it smash it and throw it away glad i work from home or i would have alot enemies at the office :laugh:
  • rosiesantos7
    rosiesantos7 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Imagine maggots crawling on them. That works for me but then it gets me sick
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    imagine the angry worker who got up at 3am to make those krispy kremes and how he/she probably licked his/her fingers about 35times while putting on the glaze......

does that help :)
  • dothompson
    Options
    oh man i have this awful thing going on if i see something i know i shouldn't eat i wanna grab it smash it and throw it away glad i work from home or i would have alot enemies at the office :laugh:

Nice way to be agressive toward weight loss goal! I like it.
  • dothompson
    Options
    These suggestions really helped, but mostly it was knowing that you're all pulling for me.

Thanks!!!!
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    dont tell yourself that YOU CANT have it because it will make you want it even more.....tell yourself....maybe another day (even if that day does not come).
    OR just have one half....or even just a bite to get the taste in your mouth.....its all about portions as well!

:flowerforyou: Good luck with your donut battle
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I know waht you mean. I went to the bank today and it was the banks birthday... GO figure. They were giving away cupcakes and sodas. I actually said no I am on a diet. YEA ME

Connie
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options

Smoke free and now losing weight-- that's incredible-- good for you!!!!!!!! What are you going to spend your saved money on?

Get myself a set of dentures so that I can actually CHEW AND ENJOY salads.:ohwell:
    Right now, I have to use my front teeth to eat them :frown: What takes you 10 minutes to eat takes me 20. Drives me nuts.