Haven't Exercised in 4 days - Seeking Motivation

Options
I have been working later than usual and i'm not getting home until 8 or 9 pm. By the time I get home, I am so exhausted I don't want to do anything at all, then alone exercise. I know I am not the only one who works long hours and commutes to/from work while trying to maintain an exercise regimen and a consistent diet plan. I don't want to let my work give me an excuse to let 4 days go by without working out.

My question for anyone reading this would be, how do you find the motivation to workout when you are tired and over worked?

Replies

• suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I try to focus on the long term goal, which is something I really, really want. A few days of not working out or eating poorly shouldn't totally derail the long term plan. Just remember why you want to work out and how good you feel when you've worked out and get back on track. Once you push through this period, you'll be glad you did! I somehow found the motivation to start waking up at 4:45 just to get a workout in (couldn't do it in the evenings anymore due to young child), and it was hard at first, but now is routine. Personally, I'm a much happier person when I'm working out and making progress towards my goal, just ask my husband! ;) Good luck.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Is there any way you could use your breaks to get in a little activity? Even 5-10 minutes would be better than nothing Walk around your building or up and down the stairs..or heck, even bring in your hand weights and do some curls at your work station. You might feel a bit foolish but at least you'd get a bit of activity in and maybe feel a little better.