sick of it

Options
Cortx
Cortx Posts: 103 Member
I just don't lose any weight. not even one pound. i stay under my calories and i workout 5 days a week.

I use to eat fast food (big mac meal) every single day for lunch, 7 days a week, and fast food for supper about 3 or 4 days out the week, then i would snack on junk all day long and drink tons of mr pibbs.I wouldn't exercise or anything. I thought i would have lost weight just from not doing that.

I am getting discouraged and about to just quit because im doing all this and nothing is even happenning.

Replies

• bright_idea
    Options
    Don't give up! Starting out is the hardest part. And if you're really concerned about it, I'd see a doctor. You might have a thyroid problem that makes it impossible for you to lose weight.
  • mpdes
    mpdes Posts: 40
    Options
    Bump
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Can you make your diary public so we can give you better feedback?
  • crazymama2two
    crazymama2two Posts: 867
    Options
    open your diary so maybe we can help you figure it out.
  • fitnessbugg
    fitnessbugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Does bump mean ditto? or what she said? I need to learn the lingo :)

Yes, do not give up! I am at a stall right now, and it's just a matter of finding the right combination of calories in and calories out. Lean on your friends here! You can do it.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    How far under your calories do you stay? If it's too far under your body is not getting enough nutrition and b/c of that holding on to stored fat.
  • 0Jaime0
    0Jaime0 Posts: 26
    Options
    Are you consuming at least 1200 calories? If not you should try and eat over 1200. Your body might be going into starvation mode. DON'T give up please!!!
  • mazimoo79
    mazimoo79 Posts: 9
    Options
    girl i am exactly the same, i even know what to do to lose im nearly an expert and nothing is shifting such a pain but keep going babes xx
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    bump means that you are saving it for later to read.
  • heathhumble
    heathhumble Posts: 178
    Options
    I agree don't give up.Continue to stay focused.It is a good idea to open your diary so we may give you some ideas to help you continue to meet your goals.Good Luck:happy:
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Please make sure you are GETTING your calories (not way below each day) and eat back any calories you burn from exercise - your deficit could be so great that your body feels depraved/deprived of nutrients and holds onto everything
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    It took me almost 5 months to drop a pound...my body was P!SSED...it's scrambling because you're working out and it thinks you're going to starve it (yes I'm talking about your body like it's a seperate entity)....you're working your *kitten* off, and eating healthy, so your body is seriously confused...it's preparing for war! but once you keep going and continue to treat it with love, it will see that it can let go of your storage, that this is for a lifetime and it will be safe. Hang in there, it's hard to lose at the start and at the end...
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    It's taken me awhile to start losing weight, but try measuring yourself and see if you are building up muscle and loses inches, which is what happened to me before I started to lose. It's not all about the number on the scale but the inches as well.
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    It took me almost 5 months to drop a pound...my body was P!SSED...it's scrambling because you're working out and it thinks you're going to starve it (yes I'm talking about your body like it's a seperate entity)....you're working your *kitten* off, and eating healthy, so your body is seriously confused...it's preparing for war! but once you keep going and continue to treat it with love, it will see that it can let go of your storage, that this is for a lifetime and it will be safe. Hang in there, it's hard to lose at the start and at the end...

very awesome way of putting it!!!!
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    lilRicki is SO right! You didn't exercise at all before while on the McD diet, right? Well....now you're burning it up at 5X a week and baby those muscles are BUILDING! And...if the scale isn't showing that muscle gain, then you must be losing fat at the same time...that's usually how it happens. I think it's the body's way of trying to make the brain insane. Gain muscle weight, lose fat weight...all at the same time. Net result...no scale change. DOESN"T mean you're not losing. Friend of mine has the same issue. She ramped up her workouts and 'plateaued'. She hasn't plateaued truly. She's losing inches like crazy, but because she doesn't measure those inches, she doesn't see it...she is shrinknig before my eyes, even though the scale isn't moving. You keep at it and you're going to get a 'woosh' of scale reduction. Promise.
    Hollycat
    :wink:
  • Therapist_mama
    Therapist_mama Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This is probably one of the biggest reason many people do not use the scale as their choice of measurement for success! Keep working out and eating clean......it is far better for you in the long run than some number on the scale! Your overall health is the aim here! Do not let a number on a scale push you around and bully you! Stick with it and rely on your social network here for encouragement! I have my diary open for all to see for the purpose of accountability and encouragement! I don't know if you have your diary open and available for others to see but perhaps that would be a place to start to get some feedback.

Best to you and keep up the good work!
    Never Give UP!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    Make your diary pubic! You can always switch it back to private after you get the advice, but it's nearly impossible to help if we can't see what you are doing.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I just don't lose any weight. not even one pound. i stay under my calories and i workout 5 days a week.

I use to eat fast food (big mac meal) every single day for lunch, 7 days a week, and fast food for supper about 3 or 4 days out the week, then i would snack on junk all day long and drink tons of mr pibbs.I wouldn't exercise or anything. I thought i would have lost weight just from not doing that.

I am getting discouraged and about to just quit because im doing all this and nothing is even happenning.
    Maybe it's time to try the MFP way and stop thinking you know better.
    You are not going to achieve your goals going your own way, so do what works.
    Starvation diets don't work.
    Why?
    Because if your calorie deficit is too great you can easily suffer from
    loss of muscle mass (slows down your metabolism) and impaired general progress.
    You have to find what is right for you but you also need to remember that your body
    is a machine and without the right type and amount of fuel there could be problems
    either with loss of muscle, loss of energy, less weight loss/plateaus, etc.

You've been failing for over a year, so get with what works.:flowerforyou:
    Stick with the MFP recommendations.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This is from last May. I wonder what happened.