Best way to reduce body fat percentage?

Options
Please help...I want to reduce my body fat % from around 25% to under 20%. whats the best way to do this and keep the weight off???my weight constantly fluctuates as I get bored after 5/6 weeks of training and dieting...

Replies

• kh1017
    kh1017 Posts: 1
    Options
    When you exercise, exercise first thing in the morning and in intervals. It is the quickest way to rid body of fat.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    1) Eat clean
    2) Cardio
    3) Lift
  • ltf304
    ltf304 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I reduced mine from 22 to 18% in about 2 months. I am consistent with exercise and strength training and eat mainly unprocessed foods. Its very difficult to do this 100% of the time with the diet (i vacationed for 5 days recently and ate one restaurant meal a day). Eat lots of veggies, fish, whole grains, fruit. You also need to amp up your workouts. This will help you get your body fat percent down in no time. Also, keep alcohol to a mininum or don't drink at all.
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    1) Eat clean
    2) Cardio
    3) Lift

Yep. Doing weights is important to keep up your lean body mass and ensure you're not losing muscle.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    The first thing you need to do is not look at this as a goal you'll reach in 5-6 wks (or longer). It has to be a lifestyle change. That will get you there, and KEEP you there.

I can tell you what I've done, that made the last few lbs melt away (now at 15% body fat):

1. Increased (yes, that's right) my caloric intake
    2. Decreased (yes, that's right too) my cardio
    3. Increased my weight training, and started lifting HEAVY (for me!)
    4. I eat cleanly (no processed crap)
    5. Low carbs - nothing "white", refined, few grains....most my carbs come from my intake of fruits and veggies (esp)

I don't feel like I'm on a diet. I actually eat more now than when I was doing tons of cardio. But b/c I've changed what and how I eat, the fat just has melted off me. HIIT training is great for calorie burns too (as opposed to pure cardio).
  • ltf304
    ltf304 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say that the diet is most important, about 80% is what you eat. You can work out til you pass out but if you eat like crap then the body fat percent will stay the same. :)
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say that the diet is most important, about 80% is what you eat. You can work out til you pass out but if you eat like crap then the body fat percent will stay the same. :)

Yes!!! Absolutely true! My friends that were very fit kept telling me this, and I didn't understand what they meant. I wanted to know exactly what they were eating. But through some time here, a lightbulb went off, and I got it. Eat clean, eat nutritionally sound. "Abs are created in the kitchen".
  • vmiller24
    vmiller24 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for your help!! ill give it a try :-)