Bad stomach cramps

Options
For the last 3 weeks I am having real bad stomach cramps. I exercise a lot & my diet is pretty clean with plenty of veg, fruit, water. When I wake up in the morning I feel fine, then I have something like weetabix, honey and milk - about an hour later my stomach is really sore as if its real bad indigestion. It eases up as the day goes on but can flare up after some meals (usually higher fiber meals I think). It was particularly bad when I had a protein shake with milk before bed one night - severe stomach cramps!! I thought healthy eating would make me feel better altho first couple of months I felt great and lost 11lbs) (I am 165lbs male)
Ive been googling like mad and my symptons could be anything from lactose intolerance to yeast infection to too much/too little acid. Ive booked an appointment with my doctor

Replies

• SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You might be lactose intolerant. If its after you've had milk like with your cereal and your protien shake. I have lactose intolerance and mine comes in the form of extreme stomach cramping to start with. Try going without milk or switching to Silk or lactose free milk and see if it changes at all.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Sounds like IBS or maybe even too much fiber (yes...it IS possible...lol). Glad you're going to go see a doctor--good luck! :)
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my tummy when I drink milk. try using soymilk for a couple weeks. It take a little getting used to but I fell in love with it. Watch the calorie count in the sweetened stuff.
  • hedgertiger
    hedgertiger Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    think Im closing in on the problem - FRUCTOSE MALABSORPTION!!
  • sabl3
    sabl3 Posts: 39
    Options
    A. Lactose intolerance. B. Celiac disease, C. I'm going with lactose intolerance. Definitely try to avoid dairy products with lactose and see how that does you. If that doesn't work avoid gluten for a while and note any changes. If neither of those work, go see your doctor!