women that carry their weight in the stomachs

Options
I hear that most women carry most of their extra weight in their hips butt and thighs and also boobs. I'm not like that at all i feel like i carry all my weight in my stomach i have very muscular legs and butt, small boobs and a flabby stomach. If anyone is like me what things work best for you to lose weight? did it take you a long time to lose your stomach? I think i just need some support from people that have my same body type, so feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
i'm 21 years old
186 lbs
5'7"

Replies

• Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!~ My figure really isn't all that bad, EXCEPT for my stomache!!! I had 2 people in the same day ask me when i was "expecting"!!! Really?! I've just started to lose a few pounds and i know my stomach will probably be the last to go:( I'm gonna work hard till it's gone. Good luck!~
  • mom2tp
    mom2tp Posts: 2
    Options
    I would like to say I feel you pain. My belly is my problem area too. My doc has told me once you have babies it gets harder and harder to slim the belly down. I would like to wish both of you good luck!
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My main area is from my belly button down so my stomach also. When i tell people what i have to lose they go where and i go HERE. SO any tips would be great.
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    I am very similar to you. I hate that it looks like I have a beer gut. I used to be super skinny (in my picture...) but then college came and went. I am hoping to get rid of this god-awful stomach. One thing I am doing is different types of crunches, eating lots of fiber, and doing 30 DS
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    all my extra weight is in my abdominal area sighhhh
    I lost weight off my butt and thighs but not much off my stomach
    I hear that there is no way of spot reducing, so guess Ill just have to keep losing weight till its gone. 20lbs down altogether and its still here though:sad:
  • Elaine_T_Garcia
    Options
    if anyone knows of a way to lose the exsess belly fat and thigh fat i would love to know because i also have problems in those areas... it seems no matter what i do it wont go away.. so if anyone has advice please let me know...
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    every Ounce goes to my belly ..its always the last thing to go if it ever does go lol
  • Satya_Ayurveda
    Satya_Ayurveda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I lost me belly fat and excess skin from pregnancy doing yoga, pilates and primarily planks and LOTS of them! Planks, planks, planks. You can crunch all you want, but a lot of people ineffectively do crunches. Planks are the best way to build strength to the entire core while tightening and slimming your tummy. Works wonders!
  • angelaplaxton
    Options
    I posted something in a silmilar question ...
    i was suggested to do Pilatese. and I've commited 2 times a week.
    We all want the quick fix for our guts.
    Yoga is great for toning any areas.
    between yoga and pilates, i'd recomend those over crunches, planks or sit ups anyday!
    and... yoga and pilates is fun!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    truth is...there is really NO WAY to "target lose" fat!! The best that you can hope for is toning a specific area! For instance...I wanna work on my arms and abs so I commit to arm and ab work 3x/week!!! Some ab work you could try: crunches, pilates, yoga, and turbo jam...thse are all CORE based!! good luck to you!
  • greensparkles99
    Options
    I Carry All My Weight In My Stomach Well, My arms And Legs And Chest Are Normal, But My Stomach Is Just Hideous, I Just Started To Excercise A Week Ago And Eating Healthier To Get It Gone, But Its Just Not Coming Off As Fast As I Would Like It To. I Just Want To Be Able To Buy Jeans That Fit My Legs And Stomach Well, With Out Cutting Into My Skin.
  • greensparkles99
    Options
    I Am Also 20 yrs old 186 lbs And 5'7
    Thats A Cool Factor lol
  • Satya_Ayurveda
    Satya_Ayurveda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I practice yoga everyday. Planks are a basic standard in any yoga practice...
    I posted something in a silmilar question ...
    i was suggested to do Pilatese. and I've commited 2 times a week.
    We all want the quick fix for our guts.
    Yoga is great for toning any areas.
    between yoga and pilates, i'd recomend those over crunches, planks or sit ups anyday!
    and... yoga and pilates is fun!
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Bump! Pilates and Yoga.
  • karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I can see some fat in my arms, face, and thighs, but by far my stomach. I am hypoglycemic - so I wonder if mine is based on sugar intake and how it processes in my body. Also had two C Sections - so I guessing the muscles aren't great. I am hoping if I take the weight off - it will get back to some reasonable place - not expecting a 20 year old body - just want to be more in proportion. Good Luck to everyone!
  • toloseme
    toloseme Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have a big butt and hips, but the majority of my weight is on my belly as well. It's a pain in the butt for me to lose it or tone my belly because I have a hiatal hernia that is currently keeping me from doing crunches or other abdominal toning exercises. However, I am noting that just walking and eating better is helping with the belly. Some of my clothes are looser around my waist than they used to be and I can wear 2X shirts now instead of 4X. :D
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I am the same way and there really is no way to spot reduce. I have done everything and now I have stomach muscles, but they are just under the layer of fat that is still there! As you lose eventually it will have to start coming off the stomach too!
  • tjames719
    tjames719 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I also carry my weight in my stomach. Its so hard for me to buy jeans. In order to get pants to fit in the stomach they end up being way to big thoughout my butt and thigh area.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    c-a-r-d-i-o!!! You cannot lose weight in particular spots (sadly) abdominal crunches are simply toning the muscles underneath the fat in that particular area. You cannot burn fat in your stomach by doing crunches- but don't stop doing them because you will tighten the muscles so when you get to your goal you will be much more satisfied with the look of your stomach. Do cardio, its the only way to burn fat :)
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Lowering my waist-to-hip ratio has been a major mission of mine; and no, other than doing the stomach vacuum and hanging leg raises, I do not do tons of ab work (I tightlace and need those muscles malleable). Instead I focus on building out my hips, so my waist looks smaller in comparison... because it's such a large muscle group, it'll help you burn fat in general even if you can't spot treat it, kwim? Lots of high weight / low rep on the hip abduction/adduction machines, one leg at a time on the thighsolator using heels only, split squats with front foot heel only, lower back machine and standing leg extensions to the side on cable tower (sorry, I probably don't know the official names) are my workout staples.

-coming from the girl doesn't have washboard abs, but who has close to the ideal .7 WHR *shrug* take it or leave it.