GETTING BORED WITH SAME WORKOUTS

Options
I am getting bored and burned out of doing the same workouts for 9 months now. Does anyone have any suggestions for good workout dvds that I can do?

Replies

• AJRICE
    AJRICE Posts: 4
    Options
    What are you currently doing? have you tried P90X
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I have completed Insanity and I am currently on Power 90 day 46, love it!!!
  • frompster
    frompster Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My husband got me Zumba for the PS3. Super fun! My older sister has been doing it a gym for a while, and she is never bored with it.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire!!!
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    I love all things Jillian Michaels, Boost Metabolism Burn Fat, No More Trouble Zones, I am currently doing 6week 6pack and love it! I also have cardio max (Biggest Loser Workout) it is good, but gets a little easy.
    ~Corina
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    All of the above...
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Netflix has some! And On Demand, also I like to go to the local library and check some out!
  • LaSirena29
    LaSirena29 Posts: 84
    Options
    Do you have cable, with On Demand? We have Comcast and in On Demand, under Sports & Fitness, there is an Exercise TV channel. All the programs there (at least all the ones I looked at) are free. Some are 10 minute workouts, some are longer. All different workouts, all different levels. I find it's a great way to try new things, with out having to buy something.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    First try to narrow down what you are looking for - in inexpensive ways. Library, thrift store, Netflix, Comcast On Demand, Exercise TV.com, Discovery Fit and Health Channels. This will keep you from spending a fortune of videos that you hate. I made this mistake.

My tastes are simple or no choreography cardio (I cannot dance!) - I like Chris Freytag & Leslie Sansone. If you like dance - Zumba is really popular.

For strength I like Kelly Coffey Meyer. She's encouraging without being hyper. She has a series called 30 Minutes to Fitness (bootcamp, kickboxing, weights, etc). These are nice - each DVD has 2 - 30 minutes workouts & lots of premixes ..... keeps the workout fresh.

The key, for me anyway, is to have several videos that I look forward to doing. If I have to force myself to do a DVD - I get rid of it.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    quit doing dvds and join a gym.
    that doesn't get boring :)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'd invest in kinect for xbox...it's really good. but i do agree with bmontgomery, if you join a gym, your children can go to the play place, and you can sweat your *kitten* off upstairs...that's what I do lol
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have Netflix, Zumba, P90X, Insanity, and 30 Day Shred...

I have done these so much. I don't want to spend money on a gym membership that I could spend on my son. I just want something to put the motivation back in my body!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Netflix has tons of DVDs (for mail option) there's got to be something.
    Unfortunatley - Netflix has very few new workouts and even fewer instant workouts.

Instructors I like: Kelly Coffey Meyer, Jessica Smith, Amy Bento. Do you have an aerobic step? - Christi Taylor is a lot of fun.
    Have you tried Yoga Booty Ballet?