SO THIRSTY...STILL

Options
2»

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Could it be in reaction to a medication? Every now and then, I have to take Benadryl at night for my allergies. Especially in the spring, when the outside temperature makes it inappropriate to run the heat or the air conditioning, and we end up with open windows. Antihistamines (like Benadryl) always make me feel parched and I drink a ton more water than usual the day after I've had a dose.
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've been really thirsty lately too, but I think mine is weather related. Here in eastern NC we have a lot of pollen in the air right now and beathing it in is drying a lot of the moisture out of my mouth and throat so i'm have the constant need to sip for moisture.

Also, if you are or have taken any medications is could be a side effect (cotton mouth?)
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    SO...... HAS ANYONE EVER JUST FELT CONSTANTLY THIRSTY NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU GET TO DRINK??? I HAVE BEEN THIRSTY ALL DAY LONG IVE HAD 135 OUNCES AND AM STILL THIRSTY..........I USUALLY KEEP MYSELF HYDRATED JUST FINE SO I DONT THINK IM DEHYDRATED.......... COULD IT BE FROM CONSUMING SO MUCH SODIUM YESTERDAY?
    I was dehydrated all the time too, them i gave up coffee. (gasp) but i feel much better, no more dehydration.
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Go and see your doctor
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    I don't have diabetes, and I'm thirsty all of the time. I carry a 21oz. bottle with me everywhere I go. My blood was checked recently and everything was fine. I do take medication, I suspect that is the cause.
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    SO...... HAS ANYONE EVER JUST FELT CONSTANTLY THIRSTY NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU GET TO DRINK??? I HAVE BEEN THIRSTY ALL DAY LONG IVE HAD 135 OUNCES AND AM STILL THIRSTY..........I USUALLY KEEP MYSELF HYDRATED JUST FINE SO I DONT THINK IM DEHYDRATED.......... COULD IT BE FROM CONSUMING SO MUCH SODIUM YESTERDAY?

Yes having alot of salt will cause you to be very thirsty..I have had this many times..try putting some lemon in your water it should help with getting rid of some of that salt in your system.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Go and see your doctor

It could be a number of things I suggest that you see your doctor if it isn't better ASAP. Salt is a big one but it could be other related things as well.
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It can absolutely be a sign of diabetes and could possibly be too much sodium or a hormonal problem.

OTOH I've been NEEDING to drink about a gallon of water every day for the last 20+ years. Diabetes was ruled out as were hormonal issues and sodium intake was normal. Never got an answer. Then I became a vegetarian in December and noticed that after about a month I was completely comfortable drinking 6-8 cups a day. Soo... Food intolerance? Too much protein? IDK.

There are a number of things to look at. If this is your normal, daily pattern you should go to a Dr. but not necessarily expect an answer.
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    If it was because of your sugar levels this never ending thirsty feeling would last for days..it wouldnt just be a one day thing.. I am a diabetic.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I get thirsty when I shout too.
  • jlebert716
    jlebert716 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water because where I live is so dry! It could have something to do with the climate as well