ive lost 27lbs this year, and still have a belly :( Y?

angelaplaxton
angelaplaxton Posts: 61
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
Ive done great, and I'm proud of myself.
I eat awsome, i go to gym.. i have a new life and Im definatly greatful.
But.. i still have a belly... why? and how can i make this transformation happen?
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• angiecaf
    angiecaf Posts: 1
    Try Pilates its great for toning the tum tum! Check out blogilates on you tube
  • Thorneapple
    Thorneapple Posts: 154
    I've lost 50 lbs in the last year and still have a belly. It takes a while for the loose skin to shrink back in. Just give it time and keep at it, you'll get there.
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Me too, I spent a good amount of time staring at the mirror yesterday and wishing I'd taken a Before picture!

We just have to have faith that our stomachs WILL shrink with time and exercise!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    I have lost 30lbs in 30 days and my belly is exactly the same nasty size. It's my understanding that the body fat we burn in diet and exercise is burnt from all kinds of places, but keep the faith and eventually the belly will have to go some place else instead of bothering you :-)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    I have lost 30lbs in 30 days and my belly is exactly the same nasty size. It's my understanding that the body fat we burn in diet and exercise is burnt from all kinds of places, but keep the faith and eventually the belly will have to go some place else instead of bothering you :-)

1. Yikes, too much weight in a short period of time 1-2lb's a week is safe, more if you are morbidly obese.
    2. You eat 600 cals a day? Say hello to starvation mode soon... don't wreck your body, you’re on the path to destruction.
  • SSawney
    SSawney Posts: 69 Member
    I wear a sweat belt for every work out you should try it you can get it from Models or any sporting good store and it has worked wonders for me
  • jenvens
    jenvens Posts: 159 Member
    Focus your workouts on abs! Use stability balls to activate your core and believe me...your tummy will be gone!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    I had a look at your diary and I don't think you are eating enough... try eating back more of your exercise calories. Also HIIT works great for burning body fat.
  • meidson
    meidson Posts: 28 Member
    What is HIIT?
  • aljurow
    aljurow Posts: 4
    Are you doing both cardio and weight training? Both are necessary to lose fat effectively. Don't focus too much on abdominal training - it burns very little calories. Instead, focus on larger muscle groups. This will increase lean muscle mass and raise your metabolic rate. When you do cardio make sure you get your heart rate up. Fat loss is generally achieved with heart rate that is 65% of your max heart rate. Max heart rate is 220 minus your age. For example, a 20 year old's max heart rate is 200 - so 65% of 200 would be their fat loss heart rate.

And finally, once both of these aspects are in place, diet is very important. The old saying goes, "abs are made in the kitchen".
  • meidson
    meidson Posts: 28 Member
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work and your belly will eventually give in to diet and exercise.
  • alb_photog
    alb_photog Posts: 110 Member
    What is HIIT?

High Intensity Training.

Work your core and back muscles. I've been doing BOTH Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred AND 6 Week 6 Pack Abs.
  • aljurow
    aljurow Posts: 4
    HIIT stands for high intensity interval training. So you would run for a set time and lightly jog for a set time - and alternate for about 20 minutes.

For example, run at a very quick pace for 30 seconds, then lightly jog for 1 minute. Repeat until you have done 20 mins
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Good for you!

1 pound per day ("PPD") is a very high rate (I only did about 20 pounds in my first month) and I hope you're able to hit your goal quickly!

I HOPE that you're capturing your weight daily and charting it. I'm interested in getting folks to chart their weight loss to see if they go through "cycles" like I do.

(My stats are here - http://cbeinfo.net/weight.htm)
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    I've asked my girlfriend about that (Debbie runs a medically supervised weight loss clinic where people eat < 1 kcals/day). Her answer was that her observation is that people tend to lose weight from the extremities first and then gradually "move in". That's just an observation from someone who's "in the biz", not a medical fact.

For me, I've lost plenty of weight- almost 80 pounds since in 153 days. My face and limbs are slender and I've gone from a 46" waist to a 38" waist, but I still have more excess fat on my stomach and chest than I do on my limbs.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    I've asked my girlfriend about that (Debbie runs a medically supervised weight loss clinic where people eat < 1 kcals/day). Her answer was that her observation is that people tend to lose weight from the extremities first and then gradually "move in". That's just an observation from someone who's "in the biz", not a medical fact.

For me, I've lost plenty of weight- almost 80 pounds since in 153 days. My face and limbs are slender and I've gone from a 46" waist to a 38" waist, but I still have more excess fat on my stomach and chest than I do on my limbs.

say what at the less than 1 cal per day? anyway, your gf is incorrect. our genetics determine where we lose weight from and everyone carries it differently. ex i don't carry weight in my abdomen... and my thighs are last to go since im pear shaped
  • I've lost 77lbs since August last year and still have a belly. I do Pilates and ab attack classes, I do cardio and weights and 100 crunches a day and still have a belly :( Hoping it will tone up soon, The joys of being female. Well done on the lose keep it up and keep me updated on your tum success.

Jodaisylover
This discussion has been closed.