wedding countdown in T minus 170 days

Options
I have struggled with my weight all my life with fluctuating through high school and college. I am currently 5'7 and weigh 180 pounds. As of last August I was 166 and that was when I got engaged. I fell off the wagon for a while and now I am ready to get back on. I can have great will power when it comes to food, but sometimes I feel like food runs my life. I am constantly thinking about what meal is coming next, but when I was starting to lose the weight last year I was able to keep my mind off the food by keeping a food diary or jounral. I am hoping that this blog will help me take my mind off of my next meal long enough for the craving to pass. My weakness: french fries!!! I love them and they get me every time, actually I should say that any carb is my bext friend and enemy at the same time.

Anyway, I am getting married on October 29th and I want to drop quite a bit of weight before those 170 days are through. I would like to be around 155-160 by then, but I know I have to realistic with myself. I am starting a workout program and starting daily exercise three days ago with running/jogging/walking for 45 per day. I bought my wedding dress when I weighed about 168, and now I am 12 pounds over that and I am worried to go into my fitting.

Any help, motivation, inspiring words would help this desparate bride to be..................

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I have to tell you, I did some serious losing before my wedding. I was really happy back then when I got to my wedding day and didn't look so big... but my dress suffered. I was able to have the bodice taken in... again, but it was too long!!!!! No time to have it shortened again, and I wasn't about to wear 3 inch heels... so I dealt with it. I did trip a little, but feeling pretty on my big day was worth it.

Granted, this was 17 years ago... maybe you won't have the same problem! Good luck, and enjoy the big day!! And congratulations!
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    Hey girl! I am getting married June 10th. I started this journey back in January and am down already by 42 pounds! If I can do it, you can do it!! I am here to support you and all the future brides out there. Add me if you'd like!!!
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! Be faithful and dedicated - as well as honest and patient with yourself. Any loss is a victory!!!

Congrats on the upcoming wedding. I, too, am working towards my wedding goal. Getting married September 17!

Good luck on your journey.
  • jazyjen
    jazyjen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Keep your diet simple, you don't need stress. Shoot for lean protein choices, fresh vegies, whole grains, and lots of water. Give yourself one cheat day a week. This gets your cravings out of the way and also can reset your fat burning potential. Stick with your workouts and really use this My fit pal. It works and will give you a broad view of what is working and what may not be working. Good luck to you and feel free to friend me!!
    Jen:happy:
  • ellehcar83
    ellehcar83 Posts: 13
    Options
    Just take one day at a time and you'll see the results. And I'm sure no matter what your loss is you'll be fabulous. Good luck!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    " My weakness: french fries!!! "

You can love yourself and have your yummy fries also, my friend! I found that sweat potatoes cut into strips and baked are super yummy and taste a lot like the real thing. But they are sooo much more healthy for you. Congrats on the wedding and I know that you can make your goal. Nothing like a wedding dress to get you to drop those pounds.
  • poshpenny
    poshpenny Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been in the same boat - I'm getting married TOMORROW!!!! had aimed to lose 28lbs but have only managed 25...but the dress I bought in the sale in January (2 sizes too small) now fits so I'm happy! Couldn't even do it up when I bought it..... it has been worth every drop of sweat in the gym to know that I look so much better. More than that I know that I am fitter and healthier as a result of all this work. Keep up the good work, think 'Do I want to be a fat bird in a white dress??' Answer 'No' - get the exercise in and cut the bad foods out.. You can do it. Good luck and I wish you all the happiness with your future husband
  • abielz
    abielz Posts: 10
    Options
    Dear Capemaylover,
    Hang in there you will lose the weight. Trust me I know what you are going thru I am getting married October 1 and working on getting into shape and losing about 70 pounds. Now mind you I know that I will not lose the entire 70 pounds by my wedding but I am working on losing at least 30 pounds by August so that when I go to have my dress fitted they will have to take it in! :happy:
    Also I know what you mean about feeling like food is running your life. The key that I have found to helping me lose weight and to help me not focusing on food some much is to keep myself busy with exercise, reading, cleaning whatever keeps me for snacking. As well I am learning to eat foods that are low in cal but filling so that I am not feeling hungry and few hours later and waiting for my next meal. My Fitness Pal is great for that.
    Remember keep your eye on the prize a new wardrobe, having that beautiful dress you have purchased looking amazing on the day of your wedding...
    And lastly to keep yourself motivated look at this not as diet but a lifestyle change makes it much easier to lose the weight and keep it off going forward.
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I too love, love, love french fries! I found some "veggie straws" by Sensible portion that really curve my craving for fries. They are only 130 calories for 38 of them! Good luck on your journey and congratulations on the future wedding!