** RANDOM QUESTION FOR THE LADIES**

Options
SORRY TO ANY GUY READING THIS LOL

I have lost 7 pounds so far :)
I started my "lady time" yesterday and today I feel right back to square one.
Can you weigh more on your period? I know you bloat up but does that weigh anything??
Retaining water??? I havent broken my weight loss plan at all so I hope I feel heavy bc of my period and not bc those pounds are coming back for me LOL

Replies

• SSawney
    SSawney Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    we retain water during this time. Wait until after it leaves and see how much you weigh
  • MaryKatU
    MaryKatU Posts: 146
    Options
    Yes you can weigh more when retaining water.
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    When I was really committed to losing weight a while back, I continued to lose weight during my t.o.m. It's expected to retain water, so don't get discouraged. :]
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have consistantly weighed 3-4 more pounds during that TOM. Stinks, but it's true. Good thing is that it will go away and then it seems like I dropped 4-5lbs when in reality it's just the 1lb drop per week average I'm supposed to be dropping...well, was supposed to be dropping...I'm trying not to lose that much anymore.
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You can definitely retain water during your t.o.m. Try drinking more water during that time so your body doesn't think it has to hold on to it. I expect you'll see a loss again next week.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Usually during that week I won't show any weight loss, but then the next week the weight loss is double. Bloating can definitely add pounds to the scale!
  • erinkelly2
    erinkelly2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Skip weigh ins during your period. They are always off.
  • shagybear33
    shagybear33 Posts: 272
    Options
    I can gain anywhere from 5-8 pounds during my "time". Don't get discouraged! It's not REAL fat gain! :D
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options
    It's water weight. This sounds counter-intuitive, but be sure to drink plenty of water during that time--if your body isn't getting enough, it's going to retain every ounce that it's got.
  • Brittany1414
    Options
    THANKS!!!!
    That makes me feel so much better!!!
    Before I started trying to lose weight I never weighed myself so I never realized if I was heavier on those days or not!
    Glad to hear it will go away!!
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I gain 4-7 pounds during my time. Its just water though and goes away when it ends. Don't get discouraged! keep on keepin on ;)
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    I always weight a pound or two more during this time because we bloat and it does add up. I use to gain more during this time when I wasn't on a diet and exercise plan but now it's usually no more than 2 pounds but it quickly goes away wants the "time" is over.
  • mariumosman
    mariumosman Posts: 37
    Options
    I was at the doctors today and asked the exact same question. The answer is yes approximately 2 pounds. But some people it could be more. It fluctuates. :)
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Yeah. You usually go up a few pounds immediately prior and during your period because of water. Good news is if you don't cave on your diet, you should see a decent drop in weight after your period is over. Whoo-hoo. :)