Crunch Training Craziness month!!!!

Options
I know I have been posting about running a halfie, but stupid me got behind on my training mainly cause I got knocked on my hiney but a nasty bug at peak training and was out of commision for about three days then that turned into "ohhh im too weak still blah blah blah' and next thing I know it was July and a resident at work asked me if I was still doing my race. I looked at her honstly and said "I slacked off too much" which was the TRUTH. But here is what I am asking my dear MFPers to do. I am asking for some cheerleaders yes you have to don the black and gold here!!!!! I just registered via online(that way there is no backing out) for a 10K. I know I can do THAT run. I don't care if I am DEAD LAST I just want to finish. I havent raced since I was 17. I am in ten times better shape than I was then. This means for the next month I have to train like I am an olympian, meaning ALOT. Sadly I have to wake up at 4 am to do MY morning run. But I think that sweet runners high crossing that finish line at the end of september will be reason enough to justify the early morings and tiring gym sessions. I also after tonight have to re alter my "diet" I really hate that word.I know the best is a 60 percent healthy carbs 30 percent protien(EEEK near 175 gs a day) and ten percent healthy fats. I am also gonna get protien powder and wake the dead at 530 buzzing a shake before I head to work. But MY DEAR FRIENDS I AM GONNA DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am gonna get pics and post them. The date??? Sept 28 at 10 AM I makes a loop around downtown pittsburgh!!!! Afterwards???? I just may go see the polar bears at the zoo!!!! Wish me luck cheer me on!!! I am going to start a training log blog about it!!!!

Replies

• FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I know I have been posting about running a halfie, but stupid me got behind on my training mainly cause I got knocked on my hiney but a nasty bug at peak training and was out of commision for about three days then that turned into "ohhh im too weak still blah blah blah' and next thing I know it was July and a resident at work asked me if I was still doing my race. I looked at her honstly and said "I slacked off too much" which was the TRUTH. But here is what I am asking my dear MFPers to do. I am asking for some cheerleaders yes you have to don the black and gold here!!!!! I just registered via online(that way there is no backing out) for a 10K. I know I can do THAT run. I don't care if I am DEAD LAST I just want to finish. I havent raced since I was 17. I am in ten times better shape than I was then. This means for the next month I have to train like I am an olympian, meaning ALOT. Sadly I have to wake up at 4 am to do MY morning run. But I think that sweet runners high crossing that finish line at the end of september will be reason enough to justify the early morings and tiring gym sessions. I also after tonight have to re alter my "diet" I really hate that word.I know the best is a 60 percent healthy carbs 30 percent protien(EEEK near 175 gs a day) and ten percent healthy fats. I am also gonna get protien powder and wake the dead at 530 buzzing a shake before I head to work. But MY DEAR FRIENDS I AM GONNA DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am gonna get pics and post them. The date??? Sept 28 at 10 AM I makes a loop around downtown pittsburgh!!!! Afterwards???? I just may go see the polar bears at the zoo!!!! Wish me luck cheer me on!!! I am going to start a training log blog about it!!!!
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    nice!! good luck!! you'll do great! Do you have a training schedule for your 10k? I am training for a marathon in november, and when I printed out my training schedule i was suprised that I only run 3 days/wk. (maybe four) according to the schedule. On the other days I have a "rest" day where I walk or do elliptical and lift weights. Its actually not as much running as i thought it would be! if you dont have a running sched. for your training, I just looked mine up online!

good luck!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    nice!! good luck!! you'll do great! Do you have a training schedule for your 10k? I am training for a marathon in november, and when I printed out my training schedule i was suprised that I only run 3 days/wk. (maybe four) according to the schedule. On the other days I have a "rest" day where I walk or do elliptical and lift weights. Its actually not as much running as i thought it would be! if you dont have a running sched. for your training, I just looked mine up online!

good luck!
    I found one on runnersworld.com. It lest you choose how heavily you want to train and this has me at it 5 days a wek one with cross training and one complete rest day. I also have a runners book. about EVERYTHING. It says to train hard as you know what for like three weeks and taper till race day then rest then run normally. so thats basically what I have ahead of me.
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    sounds good to me! good luck and have fun!