Working Mommy & Wife

Options
asudheimer
asudheimer Posts: 82 Member
Any other Spouse/Parents out there that have a full time job and need fast, easy & healthy dinner recipes? I find that it's not always the easiest to eat a healthy meal in the evening time even if I have been good the rest of the day, because I get home from work and I'm ready to relax and play with the kids, and don't have much time to cook and get an evening walk or some exercise in! Anybody else have this problem?

Would like to meet some friends that also deal with this. :)

Replies

• kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! We seem to have the same thing for dinner all the time and it's really hard. i work nights so I'm usually running out the door right after dinner time and it would be really nice to get some new recipes that are quick, easy, yummy, and that the whole family would enjoy!!
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Yup. Send me a friend request if you like! Maybe we can share some quick recipes for dinner. I loooooove my crock pot!
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Yep sure do!
    I work out in the morning (that way I cant talk myself out of it in the first place) and I plan my food for the day in the morning or the night before so there is no last minute nonsense. I work out at 5am, go to work at 830, come home at 630 so I hear ya!
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am a full time working mom. I have found that it is easier to get up early in the morning and get my workout in and then make a myself breakfast, my son eats at his daycare and my husband isn't up yet. My husband is also the cook in the family so he usually does dinner which is a tremendous help. I like getting my workout in early because I feel energized throughout the day and it allows me to relax and spend time with my family once I get home.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    i'm in the same boat & i understand completely!! i usually make salmon, tilapia, or tuna (& they bake really quickly!! 15 mins or less)... ironically, my hubby & i were just on the phone talking about this very topic... i think we're gonna try making our weekly meals on sunday... we'll see how that goes!!! good luck to you!!
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Yes, working FT, doing homework (helping...lol) in the evening with my son, dinner, etc. is hard to balance. I exercise mainly in the morning before getting ready for work. Dinner is always a challenge. I do hate that part. Sometimes I find myself making something totally different for my husband and son so that I can still "watch what I eat"....

Feel free to FR me :)
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    EXACTLY!!!! I leave the house at 7am, get home around 7pm and then have just enough time to get my 2 year old some dinner, ready for bed and then by that time I'm exhausted and might actually get to talk to my husband before I have to go to bed and start all over... Without getting up at 4am, I really can't figure out how to get a real workout in... I try to take walks at lunch, but it's really hard when work has to come first.
    Friend me and we'll get some good recipes and tips/tricks going between the group!
  • bribra34
    bribra34 Posts: 14
    Options
    Yes! I've got a rowdy 16 month old and it's so hard to work full time, head straight to the gym and then come home to make dinner. The ONLY good part about it, is my son refuses to eat, so whatever my husband feels like I usually make and try to give some to my son.

I'm more of a salad person for dinner (I eat a larger lunch) so I usually just throw something together for myself and hope my husband will like it, too. haha.

It is HARD work!
  • valkyrian
    valkyrian Posts: 10
    Options
    I hear ya! I have the same challenges - my husband & I both work full time (I work during the day & he works during the night). We have a very energetic almost-5 year old son who keeps us busy.

I would love to share recipes, tips & tricks!
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I am a new mom and still trying to balance life. Meals are the hardest for me too. I'm glad to hear everyones responses. Guess I need to go get me a crockpot!! I'm also trying to kick myself out of bed in the morning to work out while my baby girl is still asleep. I would love to hear more and am so glad I'm not the only one!