Options
MsLaurie65
MsLaurie65 Posts: 46 Member
:flowerforyou: My name is Laurie and I need to lose weight for health reasons alone. My bmi is aroud 38-40 and I know that's not good. I have decided to get up off the couch and do something if I don't do nothing but walk for 20 mins. I am not at all happy with the way I look in the mirror but I want to do something about it. I had back surgery a year ago and I was afraid to move too much for fear I would injur myself. Now I am much stronger I desire to get under 200 lbs. I just want to know that my health is in better condition more than my looks, looks are temporary they change but your health stays with you all your life!:brokenheart: :brokenheart:

Replies

• Lightjulesloves2run
    Lightjulesloves2run Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place! U will love it here and it will change ur life forever! Welcome!!!
  • krevill
    krevill Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    HI Laurie I think you have come to the right place, you will find lots of support and motivation on here, feel free to add me
  • vitacat
    vitacat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi Laurie and welcome.
    You'll find great support here to help you achieve your goal.
    Walking is a great way to start getting exercise, it's how I've started to make changes.
    Good luck!
  • KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    Hey Laurie welcome, just start small take 20min walks every other day orso to stimulate your metabolism and just increase the time and/or days per week if it gets easy or you want more progress.

Also try to eat smaller portions like every 3 hours orso to keep your metabolism working.

Best of luck !
  • shanndaro
    shanndaro Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi, Laurie you will love this site. I have been here for a couple of weeks now and I think it is wonderful. All of the blogs I read are motivating, nothing to disappoint you. Good Luck to you.