Pet Peeve of the the Day...

Options
jr1985
jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
I hate it when someone keeps texting you yet has absolutely NOTHING to say! They start out the conversation by... "hey"... that is it... then you are the only that ever provides any substance to the conversation... you ask ALL the questions and are racking your brain trying to think of anything to say... and they only respond in one word answers, They don't even give you a sentence or heaven forbid a paragraph to go off of to respond...so you finally give up and quit texting them back... just to get another random... "hey where did you go...?" text 15 minutes later... Seriously Did everyone else just skip that part of kindergarten when you learned how to interact with others or at least learn enough social skills to carry on a normal conversation with other people?

Thats my pet peeve for the day... What is yours?

Replies

• mum2littledove
    mum2littledove Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yes, I totally HATE that too. But even worse than texting is when people do that on the telephone!
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    This may sound harsh but it drives me nuts when people work out and then eat crappy on a DAILY basis, junk food/crap food but they can't imagine why they aren't seeing a difference! I only say that because I know someone that is doing it but she can't get it through her head...not my problem I guess!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I totally ignore those texts and everyone knows it, LOL.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Text them back and tell them it's not your job to entertain them....or you could call them and tell them the same thing.
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Skinny jeans. About 1% of the population actually looks good in them, but 50% wear those horrible things. They aren't flattering unless your a stick and it's just because they make you look bigger than you are.
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Mine is when someone post a comment on my thread basically degrading me for the post! Dont freakin comment on it if you dont like what I say! Its my wall not yours!
  • Omicron
    Omicron Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If one thing has always bugged the spit out of me, it’s some people’s blatant disregard for the “No Parking Fire Lane” area in front of stores. It drives me crazy when I see people just lurking there with the car running while they wait for someone to come out. This is what the parking lot is for people!
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve, which grows by the day, is the lack of respect for the English language. I am sick of seeing so many things misspelled, along with such poor sentence structure. Every day the amount of grammatical errors I see is growing! Frightening to think this is where our future is headed. TEXT SPEAK IS NOT PROPER ENGLISH! /end rant.
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is when you are in a super busy store or the mall and just trying to take care of business quickly. Then you get stuck behind a couple or a group and they just stop. Stop to talk or shuffle through bags or purses or whatever it is. C'mon. What if people did this on the road...there would be tons of accidents! If you need to stop and do something THEN MOVE OUT OF THE MIDDLE OF THE AISLE!!!!!!!
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My post probably peeved the above poster with my poor sentance structure! Sorry! On the phone at work and trying to write in between calls.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve, which grows by the day, is the lack of respect for the English language. I am sick of seeing so many things misspelled, along with such poor sentence structure. Every day the amount of grammatical errors I see is growing! Frightening to think this is where our future is headed. TEXT SPEAK IS NOT PROPER ENGLISH! /end rant.

Haha I totally agree!! if you want to "txt tlk" in a text then fine... but to purposely misspell words... when it doesn't even shorten the word at all just seems stupid to me... And have you ever noticed that People will type you a whole page and not put any paragraph breaks in the whole thing? lol
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Mine is when someone post a comment on my thread basically degrading me for the post! Dont freakin comment on it if you dont like what I say! Its my wall not yours!

I'll kick 'em in the pee flaps for you! Rude nasty biznatches!
  • dnthaveasn
    dnthaveasn Posts: 113
    Options
    People who don't know how to turn off the damn blinker once they switch lanes!
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options

This. And another classic one, especially around here: people who don't understand how an intersection with a 4-way stop sign works. You get two types of people who don't understand: the ones whose tiny little brains start smoking when they pull up to the stop because it's far too confusing and the ones who think that, because the car in front of them was at the sign first, they can pull right on through behind 'em. Seriously, it's not that difficult.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options

This. And another classic one, especially around here: people who don't understand how an intersection with a 4-way stop sign works. You get two types of people who don't understand: the ones whose tiny little brains start smoking when they pull up to the stop because it's far too confusing and the ones who think that, because the car in front of them was at the sign first, they can pull right on through behind 'em. Seriously, it's not that difficult.

You definitely don't want to see those people attempt to drive a rotary!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

You definitely don't want to see those people attempt to drive a rotary!

those are the same people that get lost in a traffic circle, and don't signal right when I want to turn, so I assume they're coming straight through the intersection...man I hate that so much! The driver's in Edmonton SUCK!
  • ladydove5
    ladydove5 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    People driving so close to your bumper down the road..that drives me crazy! Sometimes they are so close it looks like you are towing them!! Really people...leave home earlier if you need to be somewhere that bad you risk your life and innocent drivers. If something was to run out in front of me and I had to brake I know most of us couldn't stop on a dime!! I usually drive about five miles over the speed limit so I'm not creeping along. Have respect for the life of others!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve around driving is the absoutely huge number of people who text while driving. And it's usually not the teenagers, surprisingly.

When I used to see people weaving and totally incapable of keeping a consistent speed, I assumed they were intoxicated. But no, these days it turns out that they are busy texting!
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes Atlantique. *claps* Not sure why they still allow cell phone use while one's vehicle's in motion in so many places. Crazy. Pure crazy.

... and one that fits the current theme: Some vehicles apparently have optional turn signals/blinkers/indicators. Those folks really must save a bundle on not having them installed.