How to balance your protein and fats?

Options
Hi! I have tried to adjust my calorie intake accotding this web site, but i dont know how to get moré fat and less protein. If I eat nuts, it says that i exceeded my proteín, if i drink milk, that also increases my protein intake... So i wonder what products i should eat in order to get good fats and not so much protein.... Cuz i know that too much Of anything will stop me to get my goal, which is loosing a couple of pounds....any suggestions? Thank's!

Replies

• westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    The MFP default settings are quite low for protein, so if you're going over their recommended amount, I wouldn't worry too much about it. As a general rule, I try to meet my goals for calories and carbs, meet or stay under my goals for fats and sodium, and meet or exceed my goals for protein and fiber. (Those are the values I have selected to track.)
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Olive oil, drizzle some on your popocorn.
  • biancamirella
    biancamirella Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You could try using some healthy oils when you cook, or drizzle some over your meat/veggie dishes. Olive oil is great :)
  • ronny23
    ronny23 Posts: 35
    Options
    Sweet! I was feeling kind Of dissapointed for those numbers... Sometimes i just want to quit and eat until i am full... But i guess that will come after i meet my goal:)
  • looney9708
    looney9708 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    How do you change the ratios of protein/fat/carbs on MFP?
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    How do you change the ratios of protein/fat/carbs on MFP?
    "My Home" >> "Goals" >> "Change goals" >> "Custom"