Love Nibbles

Options
Breckgirl
Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
Calling all cat owners...

Ace, my cat, has started a most unusual ritual. In the morning he jumps up on my bed , walks up my body, and nibbles on my arm! I've had him for three years and he's never done this before. It doesn't hurt but it does get your attention, which I guess is his intention. He has been doing this for about six weeks. I scold him but he knows I don't mean it and just meows at me.

Last night I was walking past him and he jumps up and grabs me with both paws and nibbles my calf! He's swatted at me before, that's nothing new, it's his way of playing. But the biting is new. I told him I got rid of a boyfriend for the samething and he better change his ways! He just meowed and walked away.

Does anyone else have this issue with their cat? Any ideas why suddenly I'm Ace's favorite chew toy?

Replies

• ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    What's new in your life? It's likely that something has disturbed his little world and he's trying to let you know that he doesn't like it. I don't have a cat, but I work for a pet food company and I hear stuff like that all the time. "Mom's got a new boyfriend...gotta pee on the rug." "Dad just got a new job and is gone more...gotta chew on him to let him know I'm still here." Cats are the masters of subtle hints! :)

Good luck!!!
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    What's new in your life? It's likely that something has disturbed his little world and he's trying to let you know that he doesn't like it. I don't have a cat, but I work for a pet food company and I hear stuff like that all the time. "Mom's got a new boyfriend...gotta pee on the rug." "Dad just got a new job and is gone more...gotta chew on him to let him know I'm still here." Cats are the masters of subtle hints! :)

Good luck!!!

That's what I thought too, but I can't come up with any changes in our routine. I wish he could talk!
  • Breckgirl
    Options