I'm kindasorta new and HAPPY to be here!

Options
:bigsmile: Hey everyone,

I'm new here... well, relatively new. I've been using MFP for just over 90 days and I love it! I'm 38 and work in a sedentary job. I've always been fat... always.... but I really let myself go after a traumatic injury and subsequent surgeries a few years ago. My doctor asked me a few months ago if I was finally on board with gastric bypass surgery. I told him yes... and then found out how much of a lifestyle change it would be. I thought, if I have to change so drastically, I might as well make healthy lifestyle changes myself, without having to have a risky surgical procedure. I've got a LOT to lose... a LOT. But I've lost 43 lbs in the last 90 some days. I've gone through weight loss programs where I had to log all of my food by hand, and it got really tedious, FAST. I love the app and this website... and I'm so inspired by everyone's hard work, support, honesty, and perseverance! :happy:

Replies

• acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Good for you and congrats on your progress!!!!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    hi, congrats on your progress so far!!
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Well done on your progress to date. Hope you find the support you need from this site, its great :smile:
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    well done and keep up the gd work:smile:
  • mok33
    mok33 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love that you decided to make a life style change! Congratulations on what you've lost and so glad the program is working for you!
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You're gonna whip this with no problem.
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Look at! 43 pounds in 90 days. That is amazing. Keep it up...You got this. Good for you to try this way before such extreme measures!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Congrats on what you have already lost ! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like too !
  • rae_84
    rae_84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    43 lbs is amazing, but you can lose even more. Good work and keep it up!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on losing the 40lbs!! That is fantastic!! Also making the choice to do it safely rather than have a dangersome surgery!! This site is unbelievable and the support is great!! Best of luck to you!!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great! I added you as a friend
  • Misslionheart
    Options
    Fair play!
  • blessedindeed
    blessedindeed Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    [Good job on your weight loss to date! Keep up the great work!
  • mustangnana43
    Options
    I am so happy that you made the decision to stay away from that by pass. It is radical and I have seen firsthand several horror situations resulting from that.
    If you are not motivated within, nothing will help.
    I am 68 and once I retired, I gained and now must losr 50 or so pounds and I will now. I am not dieting. I am eating small portions more often so I do not have time to get to binge eating. \
    I have lost 11 pounds in 7 weeks which is by all accounts perfect.
    I hope you will continue to think small portions and do not deprive yourself of much. Stay away from fatty foods as they are such health risks and by pass sugar when possible. I make bran muffins with very little sugar and whole wheat flour and find if I need a snack, 1/2 will do me.
    Be proud of every accomplishment and look forward to each small goal.
    Hang in there.