HELP! How do I calculate my jogs pushing a stroller thats 55

Raven5287
Raven5287 Posts: 31
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
Title says it all..... I live in the hill country down a ruff & rugged cliche road. Lots of up and down slight hills at an adverage pace of 11 1/2 min miles mixed jogging & walking. Im also doing this while pushing my son in his stroller that weighs in total at least 55 lbs.... How do I figure the calories I burn??? It says on an adverage speed of 11 1/2 min mile that would be about 300 calories but it must be loads more with the stroller and terrain... I just added an additional 150 cals but I would really like to get as accurate as possible!!! Thanks for the help!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Go to your home page and click on track exercise. Enter your exercise for the day and it will calculate it for you.
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    The best way is to get a heart rate monitor to wear on your runs.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    I would say the best way is to get a HRM - I absolutely love mine! Polar FT7
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    You'd have to wear a heart rate monitor (preferably one with a chest strap) in order to accurately calculate your burn.
  • Raven5287
    hmmm good idea... how much do they cost though?
  • Raven5287
    Where do I get one and which ones are good?
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Mine is a polar and I cant remember the model but I got it on ebay. It was brand new and I think it cost a total of $65 so I would look there. You can research them on polars web site then search for the one you like on ebay
  • Raven5287
    THANKS A TON!!
This discussion has been closed.