28 Day Veg Boot Camp

Options
CraftyGirl4
CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
Good afternoon all! I have a subscription to Vegetarian Times magazine, and I find it fantastic. Even though I don't eat vegetarian all the time, I love the recipes I find in there because they use a ton of different fruits, veggies and whole grains and it adds a variety to my diet when I try one of them. I particularly love a recipe they have for stuffed peppers (loaded with veggies and qunioa and topped with cheese).

Anyway, the June issue I received about a week ago has a 28 Day Veg Boot Camp. The "plan" they have contains mix and match options for breakfast, lunch and dinner that all come in around 400 calories and average 16 grams of protein. The snacks are all about 200 calories and contain an average of about 6.5 grams of protein. They are officially kicking it off on May 15th, but I have tried some of the recipes and ideas that they have, and it hasn't taken me more than 30 minutes to cook one of them.

Anyone else interested in doing this with me?

Replies

• ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    That sounds good, definitely going to check out that magazine. Good luck with your endeavor.
  • jsonnett02
    jsonnett02 Posts: 110
    Options
    I would be but I don't have that magazine :(
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    What country are you in? I am in Australia will have a look for the magazine. I am vegetarian but always love new recipes.
  • pmad37
    pmad37 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I would love to do it - just don't have the magazine. Sounds wonderful though as my best friend is vegetarian.... I have no trouble avoiding me and she has encouraged me to change my meat-eating ways :)
  • luvs2pugs
    luvs2pugs Posts: 52
    Options
    I think this might be an online magazine?
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    www.vegetariantimes.com/vegbootcamp

Sorry, all! I forgot to add the link to the website!
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    All this info is available on the vegetarian times website. you do not need a magazine subscription to access. I recommend going in and downloading the month of menus and recipes. They are great!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am a vegetarian 8-9 years now and in need of some need ideas. This is great.

Thank You :smile: