No Butt! Seriously

Options
FitRodr
FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
Ok... I know this is complaining and that not everyone has the same issues. I have no butt! Seriously, my butt is flatter than a pancake. If we could just turn the bottom half around loll. Since I've lost some weight I am setting directly on my butt bones. It hurts, it's like setting on your elbows. I still want to lose 10 more lbs. It hurts to sit on anything, even a big fluffy couch.

Does anyone else have the same issue? If so, what do you do to be more comfortable?

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    No! I have the opposite issue and would gladly give you some of mine if I could! :tongue:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    This is not a problem for me. I have a condition known as "Apple *kitten*". There is no cure...
  • Julezebub
    Julezebub Posts: 106
    Options
    Are you working out aswell as dieting? Your butt is a muscle after all. I've been going to Bums and Tums classes as I have a tendancy towards the same thing. I'm working hard to get that curvy cushion!
  • chantel14
    chantel14 Posts: 128
    Options
    Maybe you need to build your butt muscles? Do a lot of butt exercipes and will hopefully build those muscles up thus making more cushion :) At least you would be sitting on muscle and not bone lol
  • hooma
    hooma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I do NOT have this issue (kind of wish I did, grass is always greener...) but maybe you just need to do some squats and build some muscle in that butt!

Or this ;)

http://www.lovemybubbles.com/land-padded-panties.shtml
  • Plumpqt
    Plumpqt Posts: 156
    Options
    My butt had gotten firmer and shapely since I started working out
  • Lightjulesloves2run
    Lightjulesloves2run Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I feel for u! My butt is flat too! LOL I actually have a hard time sitting on hard surfaces like bleachers or the bathtub. I sit on my tailbone and it hurts bad..so I am forced to lean forward. Thought I was the only one! Never attributed it to weightloss, but that would explain why I am just now noticing this lately!
  • Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I understand. I am blessed up top, but completely lacking down below. I actually find that I tend to lean when I sit because otherwise it starts to hurt. My friends keep trying to have me get the underwear that has butt padding in it so a) I look like I have a butt and b) I can sit still! :happy:
  • kaylenlawrence
    kaylenlawrence Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    work on those glutes!!!
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    This is not a problem for me. I have a condition known as "Apple *kitten*". There is no cure...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ............Me Too!! :frown:
  • darling_nickie
    darling_nickie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My husband said he would leave me if I lose my butt...so far its still there lol but I have been doing tons of leg and glute work! So the cellulite is diminishing but the shape has remained!
  • FitRodr
    Options
    Thanks all, I'd take some of yours if I could figure it out. I am very limited on exercise. I don't have the bottom disc in my back and the rest aren't so great. With age and lack of exercise, I've got very little muscle. I'be been trying to work on the muscles but it doesn't seem to be working. I too lean forward and actually have to get up because it hurts so bad. It's gotten so much worse in the last 5 or so lbs. Butt pads?? Hmmm, I've thought of that but never actually checked them out. Why God didn't give me a butt? I have no idea he gifted me with a belly and boobs. I would have liked him to spread it more evenly.

Happy, healthy thoughts
  • FitRodr
    Options
    Bath tub ugh not even a thought or option
  • Julezebub
    Julezebub Posts: 106
    Options
    Thanks all, I'd take some of yours if I could figure it out. I am very limited on exercise. I don't have the bottom disc in my back and the rest aren't so great. With age and lack of exercise, I've got very little muscle. I'be been trying to work on the muscles but it doesn't seem to be working.

A good gentle glute exercise for you to maybe try:
    Lie on your side with your head resting on your arm, bend your legs with knees and ankles together until your ankles are just under your butt, bring your top knee away from your other knee and raise it until its at a 90 degrees angle towards the ceiling. Raise and lower 10 - 15 times for 3 reps then do the other side.
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Step class has also been known to be a butt-builder.

I had a big ole butt when I was overweight, but it was fat instead of muscle. I had that sitting problems even still. Now, after weight loss, it's like sitting on concrete. I've got to have a pillow, even in the house chairs. I sit on my hands when I sit up in bed. I feel ya!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Ok... I know this is complaining and that not everyone has the same issues. I have no butt! Seriously, my butt is flatter than a pancake. If we could just turn the bottom half around loll. Since I've lost some weight I am setting directly on my butt bones. It hurts, it's like setting on your elbows. I still want to lose 10 more lbs. It hurts to sit on anything, even a big fluffy couch.

Does anyone else have the same issue? If so, what do you do to be more comfortable?

Yes, same problem here. You can do tons of butt exercises and stair climbing and the like, which will improve the shape, but it is still always going to hurt to sit on hard surfaces for any length of time. We just don't collect fat there!
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    you're welcome to some of my extra cushioning if you want :happy:
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    i didn't know about the problems that the butt challenged people have (sitting etc) On mfp you learn so many things :laugh: .

As a butt abundant person most of my problems have to do with clothing...and finding a pair of pants that will fit without being altered.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    i didn't know about the problems that the butt challenged people have (sitting etc) On mfp you learn so many things :laugh: .

As a butt abundant person most of my problems have to do with clothing...and finding a pair of pants that will fit without being altered.

We have to get things altered sometimes too--especially sheath dresses or else they bag in the rear and that's not a good look!
  • Smittyinthesun
    Options
    Sounds like you have done to many butt flexes and have burned off all your rear padding. Maybe write to the Doctors on Tv and see what they suggest!