This is it.

Options
Mayreni
Mayreni Posts: 31 Member
I've been battling my weight for as long as I can remember. I grew up with my mother always telling me to watch my weight because I was fat. Looking back on it now, I can't believe that I ever believed that! I can't believe how thin I looked. But in my eyes and in the eyes of my mom, I have always been fat. No matter how much weight I loose, I will NEVER be model thin, and I accept that now.
When I was 21, I went for my first prenatal appointment and I weighed in at 140. I gained 19lbs during the course of my pregnancy and at my 6week post-natal I was back to 140. During the next fours years, I steadily gained weight to end up at 185 today. My marriage has been compromised, as well as my parenting. I am ready once and for all to shed the extra weight and get the old me back! My son and my husband are my motivation and my goal at the end of my weight loss challenge is: a new baby. My husband and i have agreed that as soon as I am out of the danger zone (bringing my bmi within normal), we can TTC. One of the biggest highlights of my life has been becoming a mother and I'm so READY for the next one. Looking forward to sharing my weigh tloss journey with MFT!

Replies

• bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    that's some great motivation you've got there!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Best wishes to both the losing weight and the ttc.
  • cheezywino
    cheezywino Posts: 2
    Options
    I too just started and so so so tired of the yo yo-ing over the years 20lbs on 20lbs off. And having kids didn't help my body has reshaped. My goal now is to go shopping in my own closet and be able to try anything on and have it fit. So tired of wearing the same clothes but refuse to buy bigger ones. So lets get this done once and for all. I don't know about you but I plan to live to be 100 so I can annoy my children when I'm old and their children. Ha Ha So lean and healthy is what I'm after. Good luck to you and stay away from the wine and cheese that's how I got here this time. :)
  • justaloozer
    justaloozer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi May! :) You already know I am in a similar boat as you- minus the ttc! Good luck! I know you can do this!