Unsure of what has happened

Options
Ok so I just began my journey over again (YAY for me), but today I weighed in and see a 4 lb loss, i'm not recording any loss until my weekly weigh which will be Sunday, but i'm just wondering because I have only worked out 1 day this week and 2 days so far i haven't stayed within my calories, but how can the scale reflect 4 lbs loss today? Is it that my body maybe flushing out junk etc?

Replies

• SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    usually its water weight that comes off first
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Weight can fluctuate quite a bit from day to day, mine bounces around as much as 5lbs depending on time of day, time of month, water weight, etc.
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    you can still lose on days you don't work out. your metabolism has been used to you exercising, it has changed.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    It is probably water weight. Not to say that some of it isn't fat too. The first week you ususally see the most weight loss, so don't be surprised if you have to work hard for it from here on out.

Best wishes and stick to it. Hopefully the first week of success with motivate you keep going.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Drinking proper amounts of water helps... and maybe you were retaining water due to a high sodium intake. Usually the first week of any new regimen you lose anywhere between 3-10 lbs of water weight just from changing to something new. Celebrate that you got rid of 4 lbs but don't expect that every week. You're gonna do great!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    When you see a larger-than-you-should-see loss, it can pretty much always be attributed to water weight. Unless you had a 14,000 calorie deficit since your last weigh-in, then you couldn't have really lost 4 pounds. I might buy an extra half to full pound, given that some people underestimate what they've burned, and overestimate what they eat (though most people do the opposite!) but 4 pounds is too much to blame on estimation error.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Weight can fluctuate quite a bit from day to day, mine bounces around as much as 5lbs depending on time of day, time of month, water weight, etc.
    me too..its a women thing I think...
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    It could also be the scale. If the battery is dying or if it's just cheap it may not be recording accurately and that can be frustrating to see fluctuating weight when you're trying to stay positive