Question - Burning more calories than you consume?

Options
If you burn more calories should you be eating more? How will I lose weight if I eat all the calories that I burn? Could someone explain this concept? Thank you!

Replies

• Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    MFP has a built in calorie deficit, so what you see on your food log is already enough to make you lose weight. When you exercise, you burn even more calories. It is really your choice whether or not to eat back your exercise calories, and you'll likely get a bajillion responses both ways, but so long as you are netting right around 1200 you should be fine.

Personally I do try to eat at least some of mine back, and it works for me.
  • KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    Well I dont eat my calories back just a little extra, I do cardio everyday but extra on 3 days a week at the Gym and ill be burning 1400-1800 orso extra that day so eating around 3600 calories is to much work and ill be to full rly so i just eat a extra 200-600, my goal atm is 1880 and I tend to end up around 2200-2300 on cardio days and I should be ending up round 3600 orso.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    You can eat them back if you want to. I normally eat between 2500 and 3000 a day and continue to lose weight and am rarely hungry.