After a Poor Workout

Options
krb731
krb731 Posts: 76 Member
After a poor workout what do you do? Particularly, do you try again the very next day or do you rest your body the next day?

FYI, I had a pitiful workout yesterday and I want to go tonight, but a part of me feels just a drained as I did when I tried yesterday.

Replies

• y2jmann
    y2jmann Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Rest up and return to hit it hard next time. Always listen to your body!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say. I would probably go and push to have a better workout. Is your body actually in need or rest or is more laziness? Sometimes I feel lazy but I just work out anyways and then I have much more energy after. Sometimes my body is exhausted and needs a rest day also though. You have to be the best judge of that because you know your body better than any of us do!
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Well what made it poor? You didn't have enough energy? Or it was poor because you didn't give it your all?
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    there is not such thing as a bad workout, unless its no work out. there are some better than others. if you are really feeling drained listen to your body, try to figure out why and amend that. and hopefully you will feel less drained tomorrow.
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    What type of workout?

Normally I think it is best to alternate cardio days with strength training days. But I try to do some cardio everyday - with an occassional rest day.
  • krb731
    Options
    I'm currently working 12 hours a day. I went to the gym right after work and it was a mess. It was disappointing and a even asked myself was i being lazy or was something wrong. I didn't finish my two miles on the treadmill. I didn't finish my reps on the weights. I didn't even try the bike.

I love going to the gym, but yesterday was bad. I'm not beating myself up about it, I just don't want to fall off.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i would leave it til the next time. at least you done something, got out there and got moving, it all helps.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I'm currently working 12 hours a day. I went to the gym right after work and it was a mess. It was disappointing and a even asked myself was i being lazy or was something wrong. I didn't finish my two miles on the treadmill. I didn't finish my reps on the weights. I didn't even try the bike.

I love going to the gym, but yesterday was bad. I'm not beating myself up about it, I just don't want to fall off.

Yeah you just sound plain exhausted. Taking a day or two off does not mean you won't ever go to the gym again. It just means that you're giving your body rest, which is just as important as exercise.
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options

Yeah you just sound plain exhausted. Taking a day or two off does not mean you won't ever go to the gym again. It just means that you're giving your body rest, which is just as important as exercise.
    I totally agree. Sometimes your body needs to rest and sounds like you may have been exhausted and just not focused. Take a day or two to rest and I bet you will find your focus again. Best wishes!
  • krb731
    Options
    I had a great work out today (Friday night). I'm getting closer to 2 miles in under 30 minutes. Thanks for advising me to rest.