Lower then 18 years old

Options
If you are under the age of 18 plz get off this site for you're safety.

Replies

• ktblueyz
    ktblueyz Posts: 72
    Options
    if you are female please be careful not to add men. I have had a problem with them on this site. fyi
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Um... pretty sure membership to the site is restricted to adults.
  • carobert95
    carobert95 Posts: 26
    Options
    if you are female please be careful not to add men. I have had a problem with them on this site. fyi

Yes i am a female lol. Thanks for the heads up.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options

you can be healthy at any age.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Which is both completely logical, and at the same time, sad. I mean, there probably isn't a MFP for "kids" or whatever, but there SHOULD be. It always makes me sad when I see kids struggle with their weight, usually because nobody bothered to really teach them how to eat properly. School lunches are a joke, and if they're not learning at home, where will they learn?

Harumph.

Either way, welcome, and best of luck in your journey!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    you can be healthy at any age.
    Not saying that you cannot be healthy at any age. I'm referring to site's Terms of Use: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/terms_of_use.

"4. ELIGIBILITY

BY USING THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND ARE OTHERWISE LEGALLY QUALIFIED TO ENTER INTO AND FORM CONTRACTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. This Agreement is void where prohibited."

Unless this is contrary to local law, minors are prohibited from membership, for their own protection.

Not trying to be a jerk, but something is to be said for the kind of crap I see folks posting here, and the site's right to protect itself legally.
  • Losingitin2011
    Options
    Thank you Sir Rule Police.
  • strawintogold
    Options
    Yes, but the reason it's restricted isn't for naughty bits. We don't know how old she is, what her eating issues may be and as a Mother I'm not comfortable giving advice to someone else's child or teen nor would I want an internet stranger advising mine.

There has to be something for kids out there. But this makes me really uncomfortable. No offense to the OP, I just wanted to explain why some might be a little reluctant.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Yes, but the reason it's restricted isn't for naughty bits. We don't know how old she is, what her eating issues may be and as a Mother I'm not comfortable giving advice to someone else's child or teen nor would I want an internet stranger advising mine.

There has to be something for kids out there. But this makes me really uncomfortable. No offense to the OP, I just wanted to explain why some might be a little reluctant.
    Agreed on all points.
  • strawintogold
    Options
    I mean, think about it. Would you want your kid signing up to a weight loss site for adults? WHat of they run with something that turns out to be bad for them? This isn't about being 'cool' it's about being responsible and keeping everyone safe, most of all the OP.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Yeah, looks like the OP's original text has been edited out, but the headline remains and cannot be deleted. Oops!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I mean, think about it. Would you want your kid signing up to a weight loss site for adults? WHat of they run with something that turns out to be bad for them? This isn't about being 'cool' it's about being responsible and keeping everyone safe, most of all the OP.
    Agreed, again. As a dad, I would rather my daughter find a kid-designed support and guidance site.
  • Losingitin2011
    Options
    Wow. Way to chase someone off guys. You're not her parents, and for all we know, they were ok with it.
  • carobert95
    carobert95 Posts: 26
    Options

Dont worry about it. My parents know i have a membership on this site.
  • strawintogold
    Options
    Wow. Way to chase someone off guys. You're not her parents, and for all we know, they were ok with it.

*sigh*

That isn't the POINT. You know, kids get hurt everyday because of that kind of thinking. No I am not her parent, but I am concerned. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, I'm thinking as a parent

Oh, screw it.
  • strawintogold
    Options

Dont worry about it. My parents know i have a membership on this site.

Thats fine, but you should know them being ok with it doesn't change the site's restriction. Which is place to cover their own butts. I'm saying this because most 18+ sites won't want the liability of a minor. Espicially with health issues, shoot even Etsy won't let minors on the forums.

I wish you the best, but don't get discouraged if you get bumped, there MUST be a under 18 site out there. Or something, I hate to think kid's only resource is this.

take care.