Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

hard to find nutrition facts

mursey
mursey Posts: 191 Member
Does anyone know where I can find nutrition facts for Grass-fed lamb? Also, I notice grass-fed beef is in the database, but I wonder where people find some of this info. I have a lot of trouble finding labels for some of the "healthier" foods, especially farmer's market or local foods.

Does anyone have any tips or resources for finding nutrition facts for anything else that is difficult to find here?

Replies

• when I started losing weight and exercising, I used the calorie counter on calorieking.com it has a lot of information but not sure about the grass-fed thing.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Hi--I know it's tough. We get local grass fed beef and lamb each season in bulk. I have used some of the name brand entries for grass fed beef--like Whole Foods or Wegman's just because I figure if someone put it in there from a grocery store, it's probably on a label somewhere and accurate. I haven't found any concrete numbers for lamb, so just use the regular grain fed #'s. You could use those and take a % off? I remember trying to google this for lamb and I know some sources I found had estimates on how much the calories are lower but I can't remember what it said.And even then, I can never seem to find the right "cut" of lamb either. I have also googled Wild things like Wild Duck, or game birds and have found the following link

http://www.gunnersden.com/index.htm.hunting-game-nutrition-value.html

Unfortunately it's a little scary to estimate but this has been working for me so far....I have never been overeating noticeably by using bad information. Good luck!! hope this helped a little....