Saturday I'll be realizing a life-long dream!

FemininGuns
FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
edited September 27 in Success Stories
Hi all...

if you look at my profile pic, that's me after losing almost 50lbs. I've lost 35lbs since joining MFP in July 2010 - but started my weight loss journey in June 2010.

Long story short - a lot of things happened to me that pushed me to get the motivation to finally get in the best shape of my life AND realize a dream I've had since I was 16.

Started seriously training to gain muscle and lose fat in June 2010. Then finally fully committed to compete in a Figure Body Building competition which takes place this Saturday.

I don't care what the outcome is, but if I were to take home a trophy it would definitely be awesome! I can tell you that this journey has taught me a lot about myself, my eating habits and how passionate I am about being healthy in every way.

Anyway, I'm posting this to remind you all that NO MATTER WHAT keep at it - you can reach any dream you wish for! I'm proof of that!!!

Cheers! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Congratulations! Best of luck and continued success! Hope you come in 1st!
  • mseab71
    mseab71 Posts: 69 Member
    Congratulations!!! I wish you the very best!!! You must let us all know how you do!! I am excited for you and I do not even know you :smile: Go get em!!

Michelle

*Feel free to friend me if you like:smile:
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    Good job. Your hard work has paid off. If you win, that would be awesome, but if you don't, you should use that to put yourself in even better shape. I also think about competing sometimes, after I have gained more muscle...
  • patattheshire
    patattheshire Posts: 123 Member
    wow you look great congrats hope you do well you worked hard let me know thanks
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    You go girl!! Here's wishing you bring home a trophy. Best of Luck...though we all know it was your hard work and perseverance that got your there
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Wow! Amazing transformation!
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Wow. What a long journey you have been through these past two years. Thank you for your courage and for sharing your fantastic transformation with us. You look strong and fit. Good luck this weekend!
  • kelligonzales
    kelligonzales Posts: 391
    congrats!!! that is awesome!!!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    That is a freakin' awesome transformation. Congrats and good luck!
  • bigcoon103
    bigcoon103 Posts: 30
    You look great and beautiful Guns, not if you win, but when you win let me know. Your a great role model girl, doing it for you and all of us. Your a great friend and fabulous person with wonderful qualities. Your dream will come true I can feel it.
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    You ALREADY are a winner!!! :smile:
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    that is awesome and such a great reward for some very hard work!!!

GG
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Good for you!! Good luck!
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 315 Member
    That is awesome!!! You will be great!! Good Luck :)
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Fantastic! Good luck!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    You look GREAT!! Good luck on Saturday!
  • SHALONDAG
    SHALONDAG Posts: 50 Member
    You look awesome!!! Good luck tomorrow, I think you will do great!!!:smile:
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Good luck for Saturday! Can't wait to know how it went for you!
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Congratulaions!
  • pearlof69
    pearlof69 Posts: 80 Member
    Best of luck to you, I am sure you are going to shine.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Oh, how I love your arms. You look great! Much better than I've seen some women on bodybuilding.com competing.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Sunday night here in New Zealand - how's it going? Hope you are having the BEST time!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!