Burnt 863 calories in exercise today and still went over!

BrandNewLaura
BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Ohmigosh I could just bawl. :sad: I had Subway for lunch...got the low cal Light Lemonade to drink, had a tuna sub because I was craving it so bad...and the apple slices on the side...it was a high calorie lunch but I thought it was okay...until my mom decided we were getting pizza for dinner...I know I could have ordered a salad or something but I wanted to have the stromboli...instead of the regular one with ham and pepperoni and salami I ordered the vegetarian stromboli...and then I had a few chicken wings...I didn't think I did too terribly until I put the food in my journal and realized that I had gone over my calories by 1000 for the day! And that was including two short workouts that I had done earlier in the day...so I went downstairs and put in my walking DVD...I did TWO of them...and burnt 600 calories, walking for over 84 minutes...and I am still over my calories by 400+...I know it's just one day and I know it's not going to sabotage my whole weight loss effort...but I'm just devastated...I am going to a local festival tomorrow and was really hoping to have some kind of fair food...I got so upset that I even tried to make myself throw up. I have NEVER done that before, and to be honest the thought has never crossed my mind...I don't know what came over me...and then I was so upset that all that came up was water because I had just worked out and had drinken a lot of water...now my throat hurts and I am just angry at myself and feeling fat and disgusting...God tomorrow has to be better than this!

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Ohmigosh I could just bawl. :sad: I had Subway for lunch...got the low cal Light Lemonade to drink, had a tuna sub because I was craving it so bad...and the apple slices on the side...it was a high calorie lunch but I thought it was okay...until my mom decided we were getting pizza for dinner...I know I could have ordered a salad or something but I wanted to have the stromboli...instead of the regular one with ham and pepperoni and salami I ordered the vegetarian stromboli...and then I had a few chicken wings...I didn't think I did too terribly until I put the food in my journal and realized that I had gone over my calories by 1000 for the day! And that was including two short workouts that I had done earlier in the day...so I went downstairs and put in my walking DVD...I did TWO of them...and burnt 600 calories, walking for over 84 minutes...and I am still over my calories by 400+...I know it's just one day and I know it's not going to sabotage my whole weight loss effort...but I'm just devastated...I am going to a local festival tomorrow and was really hoping to have some kind of fair food...I got so upset that I even tried to make myself throw up. I have NEVER done that before, and to be honest the thought has never crossed my mind...I don't know what came over me...and then I was so upset that all that came up was water because I had just worked out and had drinken a lot of water...now my throat hurts and I am just angry at myself and feeling fat and disgusting...God tomorrow has to be better than this!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Ok, first calm down. It is one day. And "going over" your calories still doesn't mean you exceeded them enough to gain weight. As long as you stay below your activity level needs, you won't gain.

Now, try to learn to make better choices and to plan ahead. Sit down in the morning, plug in what to eat, your exercises, and stick to it. If you want stromboli for dinner, then skip the fast-food lunch.

but you know all that, I know. So this is just a reminder--tomorrow will be better than today if you decide to make it so! Plan, make the right healthy choices, exercise and make tomorrow a great day!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Tomorrow will be better than this. . .it almost always is.

and that throwing up thing. . .no, no, no. You know that's not good, so I won't say any more.

If you're at 500 calories away from maintenance (the setting around here for a pound a week) you were still at a deficit from maintenance of 100 calories, so think of it that way.

We ALL go over from time to time, we all have an unplanned moment. The trick is to make that the exception and not the rule. You can do it. Plan ahead. Sometimes this means making the healthy, hard choice. I have often lamented the unfairness of broccoli not tasting like ice cream.

You can do it. :flowerforyou:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    I have gone over by 500 before and still stayed the same weight. Just make this your "bad" day and do well tomorrow. It'll be ok. Plus, look how far you've come in your mentality, knowing what choices are healthy and which are not...that shows how much you've grown in the department of "nutrition knowledge". I know before I started paying attention that I would have thought a tuna sandwich was A-O-K!!!

Get a good night's sleep tonight. Tomorrow is a fresh start. :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    I have often lamented the unfairness of broccoli not tasting like ice cream.

I think I saw someone make broccoli ice cream once on "Iron Chef" :sick:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member

I should have said "chocolate" or "dulce de leche" ice cream. Broccoli ice cream. . .wrong. wrong. so wrong.:noway:
  • time2wrk

I like broccoli. As a vegetable. I also like ice cream. As a dessert. And they each need to stay in their respective assignments and NEVER merge!!!
  • shorerider
    KNOW IT! It was the original "Iron Chef-Japan" and the Challenger made it. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BumGvXjb4No
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    I have a recipe for avocado ice cream
  • time2wrk
    KNOW IT! It was the original "Iron Chef-Japan" and the Challenger made it. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BumGvXjb4No

Ok, I REALLY REALLY tried to have an open mind. That broccoli ice cream looked like a scoop of mashed potatoes with broccoli mixed in. God did not mean for that recipe to happen, I am sure of it.
  • time2wrk

Ok, you have the recipe...but have you TRIED it? :sick:
  • ChubbyBunny

Ok, you have the recipe...but have you TRIED it? :sick:

Are you kidding, I don't even like normal ice cream that much.
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    I like broccoli. As a vegetable. I also like ice cream. As a dessert. And they each need to stay in their respective assignments and NEVER merge!!!
    [/quote]

AMEN sister!!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    15499.jpg
  • marskids
    :noway:
    I work in child care and that looks like playdoh to me!!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    :noway:
    I work in child care and that looks like playdoh to me!!!

109874.jpg

Now THAT looks like play dough.
  • marskids
    yup, it does:laugh:
  • chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Ok so it was a bad day. Wipe your tears and move on. You are doing great! One day isnt going to break your healthy habits. Just do extra good tomorrow. Hugs. I know how you feel! :flowerforyou:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    ...God tomorrow has to be better than this!

Cheer up charlie brown!! Consider it your "shock system" day and start tomorrow with even more intensity! Take care. :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: OMG you guys had me laughing out loud.

How come nobody ever says, "Eat your ice cream" ? Oh, yeah. I remember now.......:cry:

BrandNewLaura,
    If you only knew how many times we have all done that while trying so hard not to! (--over-eating, I mean. No hurling, please!! )
    As time goes by, you get better at this. But make no mistake, losing weight is not for the faint of heart. You are still going to lose the weight if you have days like this. It will take you a little bit longer, that's all. You CAN do this. We are here for ya, girl. :flowerforyou:

You only fail if you give up. :glasses:
This discussion has been closed.